• Login:
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Greg

Thread: September Newsletter Excerpt - on forums...

Resident Bingo Expert
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score

Default September Newsletter Excerpt - on forums...

Hey Guys, we dropped the new VistaGaming newsletter today and it has some news and updates. However, the part I wanted to post here was a little section I did on forum marketing. Seems like the biggest bingo affiliates I work with have 1 thing in common; they tend to have a forum on their sites. So I thought it was worth a quick read...

Advantages (and disadvantages) of having a Forum on your website
    It seems like one of the questions I get each month from VistaGaming affiliates is this - 'should I add a forum to my websites to encourage players to interact.' It's a good question and one that's pretty close to my interests. As some of you know me, you're aware I spend a lot of time in the affiliate forums discussing marketing and SEO. I don't think we can ever stop learning about marketing our sites and picking up information and motivation from our peers. What I found is players are the same. They like to share stories of winnings and brag about the best sites they play at. My answer is a little different for everyone; but to sum it up I would say this..."If you have the time to be active, responding to each thread and beginning new ones each day then a forum can be a valuable asset to your sites" Does this mean sometimes you'll need to set up multiple accounts and talk to yourself? Yes, but don't worry. Others will jump in and create conversation (and content) for you!

To me there are 5 key things a forum helps you do as a webmaster. Forums allow you to:

1. Get site and bonus information on your site, in a non-spam like way.
    2. Increase traffic through repeat visitors (building trust).
    3. You can capture email address and details of posters.
    4. Yourself personally, and your site will gain more creditability.
    5. Forums allow you to build relationship with visitors.
    VGA likes this.

Email - gregdpowell@gmail.com
    Facebook.com/gregdpowell

Thread Information