• Login:
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Planet Mark

Thread: New UK Bingo affiliate comparison site?

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Question New UK Bingo affiliate comparison site?

Would it be a worthwhile exercise trying to start a new Bingo comparison site or has the time passed for trying to enter that market?

I have read that Google adwords immediately shut down any websites that are affiliated to gambling is this correct?

I have also read that you need to have a privacy policy/terms and conditions in place and that before you think about starting think about hiring a good lawyer first is this correct?

I have been reading a lot about affiliate marketing over the last week and it really appeals to me but I am struggling to find a niche in which to start and seeing as I do play bingo online and I have seen a few websites that are obviously affiliates, I was wondering whether it would be a worthwhile project to start.

If it isn't why isn't it?

If it is, what pitfalls are there likely to be?

I do have a relative amount of cash of which I would be looking to invest but I don't want to invest into an area that would be useless, I have read online that it is illegal nowadays to start a website affiliated to gambling, is that correct? Or is it illegal in certain countries but the UK isn't one of them?

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

I'd say go for it, Bingo seems to have gone mobile recently, guess it works great on tablets / phones etc. If you can add some real value then get in there and have a go.

Adwords you'll need a huge min spend and to meet their quality standards for the UK (I believe, DYOR). They can not shut down a website, only stop you using adwords.

Never take legal advice from a forum, or for that matter advice about never taking legal advice from a forum either.

The most likely pitfall is that you'll put up a 'me too' website, get fed up when it does not work, decide to sell some links on it, then try to sell the entire site based on 'potential' for an exorbitant sum, get angry when people point out that it might not be worth what you think it is, and then give up... In this particular niche you may also develop a pathological hatred of bingo games.

Absolutely no reason you can not start a successful site in a gambling niche in 2014.

Best of luck with it.

Mark
    Mike likes this.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

The biggest question you could be asking yourself at this point is 'can I do this better, differently (in a way that would be valuable to visitors), or at least as well as all the best of the other (good) sites already running.

If the answer is yes, then don't make the mistake of thinking that money will definitely make it happen. If you're brand new into gambling affiliate sites (which I think you are), then think, study, seek advice on the best way of moving forward.

There are a lot of people on here (and elsewhere) that will have done it before and can give comment.....as it is now, your approach is a broad one. Too broad to get detailed input.

As Mark says, if you 'just' have the potential resources to end up with a run of the mill 'me too' site then most likely you'll spend a lot of time on it, maybe (a lot of) money, and end up with something that won't cover the effort/cash you put in.

Banned
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Did you start it? How is it going?

Business Owner
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Go for it. Bingo is huge in the UK, especially for women.

Thread Information