Blog Comments

• |
    [QUOTE=Squizzel;bt4820]looks gay[/QUOTE]

Hahaha I dunno why but that one cracked me up.

Really though, nice looking blog man. I really want to start one too - but maybe when I get a tad bit more time to devote to it. Good luck and keep up the good work brotha.
    • |
    Thanks ! Our industry really need blog like yours!
    • |
    gl with the blog buddy,
    • |
    [QUOTE=MJ;bt4821]Squizzel wtf is wrong with you? Take your b.s. to 2p2 you moron.[/QUOTE]

Easy MJ I'm 99% sure he's joking lol.
    • |
    Squizzel wtf is wrong with you? Take your b.s. to 2p2 you moron.
    • |
    looks gay
    • |
    Awesome. Let us know when its live. Bookmark time :-)
    • |
    I wish I had that kind of motivation! Thanks for sharing your experiences bud.
    • |
    Sounds good buddy, looking forward to following it!
    • |
    Nice one Adam... let us see whether you can succeed where so many others have fallen and keep regularly posting after the first few months!

Mark
    • |
    [QUOTE=NickPateman;bt4791] Ok, Google instant isn't life changing but it'll certainly have an impact on everyone.[/QUOTE]

^ See Above.
    • |
    It's the efficiency of it all. Take someone like me who uses Google probably 20+ times a day. Google reckons you save 2-5 seconds per search. Work that out for a year and I've added another day onto my life! Now think about the millions of others that use Google just as much as me and the overall benefit is pretty huge.

Sure, there are problems at the moment that need to be ironed out, but Google definitely isn't about to axe it. Have you seen the transcribe audio on YouTube? That stuff is working only about 50% of the time but it's a huge benefit and when the tech can be improved to near on 100% success, you're looking at a life changing product. Ok, Google instant isn't life changing but it'll certainly have an impact on everyone.
    • |
    The problem is that

a) it incorrectly predicts what you are going to search for
    b) it doesn't work for me most of the time
    c) it completely clutters the search bar and makes it hard to do stuff.

Also, what does instant search actually add as a user-experience? let's say I search for buy jeans online. Does google expect me to need to adjust me results 10 times until i find some good serps. If so, then yes google instant is good. But if they see that people find what they're looking for on the first attempt than it fails.
    • |
    Epic fail? Every search engine will work like this in a years time. It's like when people criticise the new Facebook or Twitter layout - once it's there long enough to sink in, you wouldn't go back to the old traditional stuff!

Sure, some people will be permanently unhappy with it... Instant search makes sense, does anyone here really think that in a few years we'll still be having to press enter or click a button to get what we want?

The Google execs are loopy about efficiencies as well. More stuff like this to come!
    • |
    next to the search bar "instant search is on", you can turn it off.
    • |
    how does one turn it off? I also dislike it
    • |
    Epic fail on googles hands.
    • |
    Hehe, although I originally liked this, gawd it's irritating for normal use.
    • |
    [QUOTE]better understanding of how it works for the average person.
    [/QUOTE]

The average person is thinking wtf is wrong with my screen. Why can't I find what I'm looking for. How do I get this to stop.
    • |
    Yup, I'm definitely not a fan either, and that's not just as an affiliate. The instant feature is just too slow for my fast typing. Decided to leave it on though in an effort to get a better understanding of how it works for the average person.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast