Blog Comments

• |
    You doing very well. Congrats.
    • |
    Thanks for the tip.
    • |
    Great post James. I think the point you made about personlised banners and recommending sites is really important/good advice. Like you say, if you have a site that develops trust and quality, you're missing a huge trick by not using that trust to strongly recommend sites and thus increase your conversions.
    • |
    Thank you for the comment :). Totally agree with the point you made.
    • |
    good post, i gave you a comment ;)
    • |
    Thanks for the post :). The comment actually showed up in my back end so it has been approved. The problem was with my perma links - I managed to leave a space at the end. The problem should be fixed now.
    • |
    Your blog post on how you started your community forum is really great, thank you!
    BTW: I got a 404 when trying to leave a comment.
    Looking forward to part 2 of your series!
    • |
    Haha, I completely agree with you. The branding on that site is a bit weak actually, atm I am trying to build some authority to it but my link profile is kind of weak. What is next for that site is a complete overhall of the branding and spending some serious $$ on quality links.
    • |
    bingoballs.org... not bad man. Only scanned your post, but that domaine sure caught my attention. You really should do something crazy with that. Lotta options for an "interesting" logo... :D
    • |
    Congrats on the success - I am sure there is a potential market for quality sites at the right price here.

Mark
    • |
    Hey Tom,

Please Pm me about that :),

- James
    • |
    I am always down for articles or other services in exchange for the theme if you are strapped for cash.
    • |
    Getting a properly coded theme is easily worth 200$. It will save you a lot of time and money in the long run.

You may also want to check out Thesis from DIYthemes, it doesn't have all the gambling specific stuff that Tom's themes have, but I think the share the same general design philosophy.
    Updated 11-05-2009 at 05:41 PM by Unknown Webmaster
    • |
    Toms theme are worth every penny.
    • |
    [quote=cernus11;bt4090]Thank you for the comment! Lol I am from just north of London. I now live in Leicester however we bought a Birmingham "Virtual Address" because we wanted a nice sounding business address instead of a residential one. Very confusing I know and I wish I had invested in a Leicester address now.

I mean is this the best theme I am going to get for my money?[/quote]

I would have to say YES, I got it and Tom has been great at helping with a couple of things i asked. It so easy to use it really will save you sooooo much time.

If the look of it isn't that appealing to you it's all very easy to change, although i like the simple look it has as standard. Man i sound like i'm on commission or something but i'm just really pleased I got it as soon as it came out.
    • |
    Thank you for the comment! Lol I am from just north of London. I now live in Leicester however we bought a Birmingham "Virtual Address" because we wanted a nice sounding business address instead of a residential one. Very confusing I know and I wish I had invested in a Leicester address now.

I mean is this the best theme I am going to get for my money?
    • |
    "but I just can’t bring myself to spend the $200 price tag on a theme. Any feedback/comments on this?"

The time this theme saves you will pay for itself in the first day of using it! $200 is nothing for a theme like this with so many backend features perfect for us to use.

Good luck with the rest sounds ok i guess for a brummy who does Leicester seo and is from London?