Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    vB Guru
    Test

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Explinations all around.

Okay guys and gals, after watching this site for awhile, I have noticed that some forums are cluttered with many types of posts. I had a post I needed to make about some things going on and didn't really have any place to post it. So now we have this forum you are in now.

This forum is pretty much for any news Jeremy or I have for you members. My posts will mainly consist of technical things. But that is not going to be the full contents of this forum. I am sure Jeremy will have some nice posts for you in here as well.

Now we have some new things to let you members about. One would be the new Q&A form for anyone that listens to the Affiliate Life Radio. Two forums down from this one is a forum set up as a link. It will lead you to this form. The form is pretty straight forward. You select whether you want your name mentioned on the show or not, and you ask your question. Then you hit submit and Jeremy will try to answer your question on the next show.

I must ask that you do not spam the form with useless questions. If you feel the need to submit a funny question as a joke, that is cool, just don't go overboard. This feature is all for you, so you have the power to keep this feature open to all members. Do not abuse this power.

Another feature that we have added is the Affiliate Program Spotlight. Just one forum below this one is a forum that will hold the threads for the spotlighted program. Every week or so, we will be changing the spotlighted program and at the same time a thread will open for you members to ask the program's manager questions. At the same time the thread that was used for the last spotlighted program will get closed, but you will still be able to read that thread. We will be closing the old threads so that we can focus the attention to the new spotlighted program. Look for this feature to pick up in a few days after we get things straight.

Back on the Affiliate Life Radio topic. One feature that we never really announced was the archive. The link has been up for awhile, but I am not sure how many of you have seen it. At the bottom of the forum is a link. Affiliate Life Radio Archive, The page is updated ever time a new radio show is recorded. If you feel like me and think that the blogtalk site is just to slow to handle, then this page is for you. The latest show will always be on top of the list and all you need is flash installed to use the player.

Well guys and gals, that is all I have for now, have a nice day.
    Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.

MJ
    Armchair Quarterback
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    44 (100%)

Suggestion - move this and poker radio forum further down page, as critical mass forums like "general affiliate discussion" should be on top.
    Domains I am selling at bargain prices: http://www.pokeraffiliatelistings.co...tml#post178840

listofpokersites.com

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    59 (100%)

i agree with MJ
    I am leaving the affiliate business, read here please.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

I think that the admin post should be towards the top to highlight their importance, like on any other forum.

I think that moving things about will do nothing for the site imho

MJ
    Armchair Quarterback
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    44 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PokerFelts View Post
    I think that the admin post should be towards the top to highlight their importance, like on any other forum.

I think that moving things about will do nothing for the site imho
    I'd bet half my net worth that the bounce rate on this site went up when the radio forum got moved to top, because it's empty.

The "spotlight" forum however should stay up top for obvious marketing reasons though and to increase value for advertisers.
    Domains I am selling at bargain prices: http://www.pokeraffiliatelistings.co...tml#post178840

CK
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

I would have to agree especially when your also trying to atrract new members. I dont really care whats where but if I came here and saw three non active forums, it wouldnt be as attractive as having main discussions in plain view.
    ----------------------------------------
    Everyone says they are willing to do whatever it takes to get ahead - but yet there are so few people up at 5AM ? - Robert Herjavec
    ---------------------------------------

The Crew
    Learning to Enjoy Life

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Yeah I have a feeling that some more thought will need be put into this. All the empty forums, cluttered links etc are making this place much less attractive that is actually is. I know several people have mentioned this before, but scrolling an entire page down to get to the main part of the forum is overboard.

PAL Red Pro
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Yea, I agree. There's a lot of scrolling right now. I do think the new spotlighted programs forum could perhaps be moved into the main area as forum #1, maybe above the general discussion forum. And then the rest of the stuff perhaps moved down. I do agree however that the main forum needs to be more noticeable for new visitors.

We'll mess with it, thanks for the feedback.

The Crew
    Learning to Enjoy Life

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Also, you might reduce some of the forum descriptions, that will help a ton in saving space. Having 4-6 lines of text to describe the forums is not needed.

Also, welcome back J

PAL Red Pro
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Thanks, it's good to be back in the office. I'll post my recap tonight. I do agree though, it's all too cluttered right now. The feedback is very much appreciated.

Thread Information