• Login:
+ Reply to Thread
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default Trade Laws WTO lawsuits lost by the US gov

I was wondering if any group of affiliates ever sued the US government in court for violating WTO laws like Antigua did? From what I understand The USA lost in International court to Antigua for violating WTO laws. Would affiliates have to right to sue in a regular international court for our losses? Our business plan was made with the knowledge that the United States had to follow international laws. We could not foresee the USA ignoring International law....

I'm just tossing this out there I have not spent much time researching this.

ความลับไม่มีในโลก
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    48 (100%)

When I was 15-years old my parents moved from pretty much a city (poor side, but not totally ghetto) area to a suburban town (everyone drove a lexus and owned their home etc.) where I already had a few cousins that already lived. It took me just one week to learn how things differed in this town.

Walking down the street smoking a cigarette, a police car approached me and said something along the lines of "what the fuck do you think you're doing". I was totally confused. I knew it was illegal to sell cigarettes to a minor but never heard of it being illegal to actually smoke them. Seriously I didn't even put the two and two together, having started smoking regularly a while back and while my parents not thrilled about it, had seen me smoke on a few occasions and more just lectured me about health effects, addiction etc. but at that age let me be a teenager and encouraged me to be smart but let me make my own mistakes etc. So anyways I had not the slightest clue what the police officer was referring to or was mad about. I walked near the car and asked him what's up while taking a drag. It only took me seconds from that point to realize he took this as me antagonizing him or something of that sort. He hopped out of the police car started saying things like "alright punk" told me to put the cigarette out. Stupid me "clips it" (again not thinking at all, and still rather shocked this was all happening, because again where I lived a week earlier no way a cop cared about some kid smoking even pot, let alone smoking just a Marlboro). When I clipped it the cop said okay smart ass, and punched me in the gut. Totally knocked the wind out of me. Once he did this he regained his composure and I guess actually caring about the work he did, decided drove me home to my house.

When I got there the officer spoke to my father saying something like Sir I hate to be the one to tell you this, etc. and going on to tell him I was smoking. Now their outside the comfort of my own home and my father nearby I was pissed and finally unleashed. "Dad, this cop punched me". "Dad" "Dad" "did you hear me". My father never made eye contact with me, while thanking the officer. When I kept up my father finally looked at me firmly with a stare I never seen before and said "go inside". Now I'm really pissed (still young and stupid) because my parents don't discipline me much and now I think the cop maybe actually got me in trouble. I did what my father told me though and just went inside sat still other than the ticks as I was pissed off.

When finished my father walked back inside tossed me a pack of Newports and said "give those back to Brian, Keith or whoever". I said "what?", he said "you smoke Marlboro correct?". WTF I don't want to talk about cigarette "dad did you hear me that cop hit me". My fathers response: "Right, I heard you the first time, and what in the world do you think I, you or anyone else can do about it?". As I sputtered off answers my father interrupted. If I think I'm old enough at 15 to smoke cigarettes and so eager to be an adult it's time to learn how the world works. The cops, government, etc. can do whatever the fuck they want and sure you can go fight them but there is a 99% chance you'll lose.

I decided a long time ago that I'm going to live my life however I damn please, and lay-down for no one. The decisions I make and the things I say are all calculated but fear isn't part of it. So to be clear, I'm not saying I'd let a cop hit me (maybe I would maybe I wouldn't) but this lesson I learned at age 14 has been reaffirmed more times than I count. If you're going to take on authority (police, government, mafia or w/e) while probably not 99%, there is still a 97% chance you will lose.

I'll tell you right now what would happen if individual affiliates sued the government: The judge would more than likely tell us we're funding terrorism, are a threat to American society etc. If by the small chance we won, the ruling would be ignored and would go on for year and years of appeals and between those we'd need to win each time which is unlikely.

The best way to fight authority is just to say "fuck off". Going back and trying to get sanctions for how they effect us, is a MASSIVE long shot. Working around what they do and saying "fuck off" when they abuse authority and just working around their unjust rules is the American way and the spirit America was founded on. We don't have to like it, we don't have to submit, but in most cases we have little other viable option than to just work around it.

That's my 1776 cents fwiw.
    Betting Sports in the US? 5Dimes has Best Odds (US Players Accepted) - Live elsewhere? PinnacleSports Offers the Best Odds (No US Players)

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

I don't have the time to dig up any sources right now, but I remember reading somewhere that some sort of international court found the US in violation of trade agreements or something. The US laughed and ignored the findings / penalties. But this is a vague memory so excuse me if I am completely, utterly, pathetically wrong.
    Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.

Thread Information