Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
Chipsplit.com Affiliate Program
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By Jeremy
  • 7 Post By Trikkur

Thread: If poker becomes fully legal again, will there be a gold rush?

burning in a grease fire.

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default If poker becomes fully legal again, will there be a gold rush?

Question is self explanatory, if poker gets legalized/licensed in the US, will there be a gold rush over the first year/s? If so (assume so) how big will it be?
    "My marketing is aggressive" - Tri Nguyen

Formerly PartTimePoker

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    26 (96%)

For rooms, maybe. For most affiliates, no.

Just my .02 - I think it's been discussed ad nauseum in other threads what the likely impact of US reg would be on affiliates.

I don't think it's actually going to be that big, especially if it gets rolled out state-by-state.
    I'm on Google Plus, Twitter and Facebook. PM me and I'll add you back.

PAL Red Pro
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

If it got rolled out on intrastate level like Megamillions and Powerball I think sure, there will be a new influx of players or renewed interest in online poker in the U.S. However with that said also, I don't think you would initially see an affiliate program being tied to an intra-state poker room.

Will we ever see another boom like we saw in 2003-2007? I doubt it, because that was insane. Those were pre-recessionary times and the rooms like Party, Paradise, and 888 had brilliant marketing departments with great promotions in an emerging industry. I have a hard time believing that the U.S. governments involvement in anything or any industry will create a new boom.

More than likely they will replace what once was a billion dollar booming market with a dismal regulated online poker network, mediocre games, shit software, high rake, and 10-99'd cashouts.

I suppose time will tell though.

listofpokersites.com

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    59 (100%)

I thought this was the poker boom
    I am leaving the affiliate business, read here please.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    If it got rolled out on intrastate level like Megamillions and Powerball I think sure, there will be a new influx of players or renewed interest in online poker in the U.S. However with that said also, I don't think you would initially see an affiliate program being tied to an intra-state poker room.

Will we ever see another boom like we saw in 2003-2007? I doubt it, because that was insane. Those were pre-recessionary times and the rooms like Party, Paradise, and 888 had brilliant marketing departments with great promotions in an emerging industry. I have a hard time believing that the U.S. governments involvement in anything or any industry will create a new boom.

More than likely they will replace what once was a billion dollar booming market with a dismal regulated online poker network, mediocre games, shit software, high rake, and 10-99'd cashouts.

I suppose time will tell though.
    This plus licensing requirements for affiliates (just lol).

I think the industry will favor those who run big, trusted authority sites. There will always be room for advertising on those types of sites.
    Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.

ak
    There Is No Place Like Home

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    75 (100%)

Legal USA Sites will not skim affiliates like most poker sites online do but I would bet "CPA" is none existent or is offered with very little reward maybe 50 CPA. I would also bet an additional gambling revenue tax would be included on your earnings as well. Sadly it's probably better companies like lock exist even if crony as hell.

Giving players too much credit

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    51 (100%)

Extremely unlikely for the reasons Jeremy stated. Other factors would be having to play against other players in your own state and getting burnt from online poker in the past.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I have to disagree with the opinion in this thread. I believe if poker were legalized in the US, there would be a rush of players. Not only could every player that used to play return and deposit at new rooms, but TV commercials and news about the law would spread quickly. People would feel safe to deposit and gamble and I think it would take off in the US.

I have so much US traffic still, but no place to really send them that carries the same brand recognition and trust that PokerStars has built or FTP (unrightfully) had. The UIGEA and Black Friday shutdowns has created the assumption that online poker is illegal and shady and should be avoided. Legalization would instantly change this point of view and likely create a nice gold rush for the US.

How it will affect affiliates is very difficult to tell though. If they are state-only poker rooms, then it is likely they won't need affiliates. If it is US-only or worldwide; I could see affiliates getting some nice action still. In the end, I think we can all agree that legalized poker would be better for US affiliates than what we currently have.
    PokerTrikz - The Free Poker Training Site.

building soldiers for the
    penguin war

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

everyone except NJ is so US centric in this thread its mildly amusing and im not a poker affiliate so care less

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I think there will be a boom. People will be able to depesit again and have faith there money is safe. From an affiliate side the taxes will suck and just hope the influx of players will help offset that. Those that get on board early will reap the most benefits. My thoughts....

Thread Information