Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
4Flush - Online Poker News
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ultimatepokerbonus

Thread: Hosting freeroll tournaments for your players.

Greetings From England

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Post Hosting freeroll tournaments for your players.

Hi,

One of my sites is picking up a few sign-ups and commission's as of late and I wanted to start hosting freerolls for my players.

What is the best way to go about this, right now im trying to contact my affiliate partners but there very slow at writing back, almost 5 days at a time!

If you do host freerolls yourself, I would love to hear your opinions and views on this.

Cheers.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

What rooms are you promoting. I do not promote freerolls as they tend to waste to much time and the rev that comes with it is small - but back in the day when i used to run them with maybe a couple of hundred people - usually what works best is Money added events. Like ask the room to maybe add $200 to the pool and have a small buy in. These can work nice and are better then just free events that bring out all the free loaders :-)..

Also make sure only people that can register for event are people coming in on your aff tracker. Most rooms can do this.

If you want it totally free and want more money for the event sometimes the rooms are more open to it if you split the cost 50 50...

depends also on the value of players and how many will play the event.

Greetings From England

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Thanks for your thoughts.

Im currently promoting Paf Poker and have build my site around this room. I was planning to do the added money tournament as you said, this will take place every month.

I was thinking of offering this added value tournament to players who earn xxx points in that month, what do you think of this, could this work in general?

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

If your a partner with carbon/PDC/Aced(chipsplit) there is a form in the affiliates area where you can submit a request to create a private freeroll or tournament.
    The #1 Poker Strategy Forum. Check out our Poker Webmasters section for affiliates.

Free $$$ Weekly $25 BlackChipPoker Freerolls - Passwords available to freeroll league members 1 hour before the start.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Freerolls have never generated much income for me. I would rather do a small buy-in with money added. At least the players then need to make a deposit and hopefully they keep playing. Depending on what room you are working with and how many vistitors you are sending them, in many cases they will bankroll the tournament. You can always add more money to it then if you wish.

Thread Information