Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
SatoshiPoker.co
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Lock Poker Charging 11x CPA for Chargeback

MJ
    Armchair Quarterback
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    44 (100%)

Link this thread to their twitter feed, facebook page, official 2p2 forum (if they have one, too lazy to look for this stuff).

Maybe that will wake up whoever is sleeping at the wheel.
    Prop and Student like this.
    Domains I am selling at bargain prices: http://www.pokeraffiliatelistings.co...tml#post178840

DropoutGotRich.com
    My Personal Blog URL Above!

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Permission to change this thread title to "Lock Poker Charging..." instead of Poker Room?

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Yes, good ideas MJ and Kevin. I tried to change the title myself but I guess it is too late for that.
    Prop likes this.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Wow. So, an update: You know that move that everyone assumed must be a mistake because it's unprecedented in the poker affiliate industry and isn't listed in the Terms? It wasn't a mistake and isn't going to be fixed.

It's Lock Poker's world and we're all just living in it.
    Last edited by stillshadow; 06-21-2012 at 09:30 AM.
    Prop, Notspot and Mackan like this.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Prop likes this.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Are you serious?

And just when I thought I would start pushing Lock...

So if the company sustained a major loss or a bankruptcy, I suppose they would come after you for 1/x of the money? (x being # of affiliates)

Quote Originally Posted by stillshadow View Post
    Wow. So, an update: You know that move that everyone assumed must be a mistake because it's unprecedented in the poker affiliate industry and isn't listed in the Terms? It wasn't a mistake and isn't going to be fixed.

It's Lock Poker's world and we're all just living in it.

mazers innit!

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
    Are you serious?

And just when I thought I would start pushing Lock...
    +1
    Luckily they can't be bothered to answer my emails so happy to go back to my gut feeling about these guys.
    stillshadow likes this.

Giving players too much credit

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    51 (100%)

The proper way to deal with a high volume of fraudulent traffic would be to ban the affiliate account. Considering one off fraudulent transactions is something that is outside the control of an affiliate, deducting more than the CPA amount seems like fraud in itself.

ความลับไม่มีในโลก
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    48 (100%)

Was there some other explanation? Or are they actually charging you more than was paid in CPA for the charge backs of a single player?
    stillshadow likes this.
    Betting Sports in the US? 5Dimes has Best Odds (US Players Accepted) - Live elsewhere? PinnacleSports Offers the Best Odds (No US Players)

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pokerprop View Post
    Was there some other explanation? Or are they actually charging you more than was paid in CPA for the charge backs of a single player?
    Yeah, that's what they're doing. Right in my payment stats I can see the single player name and the 4-figure dollar and cents amount. When I told them that this didn't really make any logical sense and there is a reason no other program does this they basically said, "Well, we aren't everybody else." What else can I do at this point? I'm just glad I'm not crazy to get the feeling that this is just wrong. 

One of the main things that grates me about this affiliate program is that the managers have no empathy for their affiliates. What could I say if they told me, "Yeah, it's really a stupid backwards predatory policy but management is forcing it on me. I will try to work on them?"

I've had a few places tell me that over the years and in a way I just respected them a bit more, even if they were just BS'ing me. Instead, they defend everything they do and come across as combative and stubborn. It's kind of what LeBron James is learning and Bill Clinton learned that made everyone like him again. All anyone wants is a little honesty and humility.

A couple of thoughts occurred to me on why this is so disturbing:

1. Taking a 1 to 1 deduction of an entire chargeback amount for a CPA plan off of the end payment actually is more harmful than doing it for revenue share plans besides being unprecedented. If I am on revenue share and get, say, 35% let's say I have $10,000 in revenue and get a player who makes a $1,000 chargeback. I now have $9,000 in revenue and get paid $3,150 (9,000*.35=3,150). I lose $350 (10,000*.35=3,500).

However, if I'm on CPA and earn $10,000 and have a $1,000 chargeback I am paid $9,000 for a loss of $1,000. That is an effective revenue deduction of $2,857 (2,857*.35=1,000) on a $1,000 chargeback. Of course, that doesn't apply if they also go against the industry standard and take it off the end revenue share payment as well. 

2. There are no public Terms and Conditions for CPA plans. If there are no rules in place can't a program make them up as they go along?

However you feel about Lock Poker's affiliate program the fact is that they don't like to play by the rules of other established affiliate programs. You have to expect the unexpected. 
    Prop likes this.

Thread Information