Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
+ Reply to Thread
    Hating Penguins Since 2012

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Default Q About Pre-Paid Ad Deals

For those with experience doing pre-paid ad deals, what do you do if an advertiser suddenly goes bad on their customers? These are the options for my T&C's that I'm thinking about...what do you do?

1/ Prorate refunds to the advertiser when I remove them, based on the term of the deal.

2/ No refunds if they go rogue on their customers and I decide to remove them.

3/ Prorated refund with a maximum refund amount. For example, if I do a 12 month deal, no more than 6 months will be refunded. This way protects me from losing a huge % of an ad deal and the work I put in to add them to the site, write their reviews etc..

I'm leaning towards #3, but I'm not sure what % of a deal I should make the max refund amount. I'm also wondering if there is a standard to this type of deal that I'm not aware of? Is there a #4 to add to this list?

Any help from people with experience in these types of deals is greatly appreciated!

ความลับไม่มีในโลก
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    48 (100%)

For sports I'm pricing by the month (every month is different known in advanced) with a max annual rate. Their risk if I pull them is losing the short free period at the end that's all. As for my terms, these are simple and fair:

You always prepay and I don't care if you pay daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly or annually, makes no difference to me. If you cancel you're refunded whatever is owed. Same way you can cancel at anytime with no notice so can I.
    Betting Sports in the US? 5Dimes has Best Odds (US Players Accepted) - Live elsewhere? PinnacleSports Offers the Best Odds (No US Players)

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Shit n/m.

Mis-read Jess's original post.
    Last edited by addz123; 07-07-2012 at 08:38 AM.
    My affiliate blog: Affiliate FYI Twitter: @AffiliateFYI

Need an Infographic? Infographic Designs from $750.

Giving players too much credit

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    52 (100%)

The time/cost it would take to write the review would be absorbed by the revenue generated from referred players. It's not like you're not getting paid at all.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I used to do a great deal of advertising deals on a pretty big site of mine some 7 years back.

Like Prop, I had a pretty straight forward way about things, still do :} Such as :---------

If any advertising is deemed to be bringing the host of the said advertising into disrepute, the host defends the right to remove the said advertising without cause for regret or compensation.

Simples :}

Hating Penguins Since 2012

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pokeraussie View Post
    The time/cost it would take to write the review would be absorbed by the revenue generated from referred players. It's not like you're not getting paid at all.
    I don't understand. Pre-paid advertising, players would not be generating revenue for me.

If any advertising is deemed to be bringing the host of the said advertising into disrepute, the host defends the right to remove the said advertising without cause for regret or compensation.
    So you don't offer any refunds? If that's correct, have you had anyone who didn't want to advertise with you as a result, or any issues after the fact?

Thread Information