Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: New PKR T+C Predatory To Affiliates

Creating

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Default New PKR T+C Predatory To Affiliates

Got the email today with changes in T+C. I'm not sure if these were always there but it might change my mind on promoting them in the future to limit my risk right now to only a $20 review. Some things I've noticed: https://affiliates.pkr.com/page.aspx?l=1&p=36

This means I can't put PKR in my title and description on the review page?

Without limitation you must not :

(ii) use any keyword, metatag or other or other means of advertising on any internet search engine
    and

Affiliate account inactivity; In order to remain on any commission structure, affiliates accounts must remain active. Any affiliate with an inactive account will have access to the account restricted and the commissions relating to any tracked players on that account set to 0% Revenue Share.

Should the affiliate wish to once again become active, then a new affiliate account must be created to track this activity. The affiliate will no longer be eligible for any commissions generated by the players tracked under the initial account; nor any subsequent account that has been restricted because of inactivity.

Any affiliate with a semi-inactive account will NOT have access to the account restricted but, for players attributed currently to a revenue share commission, will be moved to a 10% revenue share commission. This will only occur should a 10% revenue share be a lower percentage than they are on currently.
    Where:

A “dormant account" shall mean any account which for a period of 12 months or more has not either (a) logged into the account; or (b) had funds withdrawn from it.

An “inactive account" shall mean any account which for a period of 6 months or more has not acquired 1 or more Real Player.

A “semi-inactive account” shall mean any account which for a period of 3 months or more has not acquired 1 or more Real Player.
    Yeah I think I will just throw away/resell that PKR review I purchased and not even bother promoting them to my ROW players.

Giving players too much credit

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    52 (100%)

I have a feeling that must be in relation to PPC. It boggles my mind how this can apply to organic search yet still have an affiliate program. Then again it does mention meta keywords so maybe not. Huge WTF.

I like beach balls

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Yeah those are terrible. Another program to blacklist.
    Zorba and CodeRed like this.
    Graeme aka Dealer Dan
    Gambling Affiliate Bible

I like beach balls

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    KevinMcC, imteaz and Shay like this.
    Graeme aka Dealer Dan
    Gambling Affiliate Bible

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Not sure what the big deal is?

Basically, as long as you get at least 1 RMP every 6 months you're fine.

If you're going to blacklist PKR, you may as well blacklist IncomeAccess too since they stop paying commissions if you don't send an RMP in a 3 month period.

And I'm pretty sure the meta-tag things CodeRed is talking about refers to PPC only.
    My affiliate blog: Affiliate FYI Twitter: @AffiliateFYI

Need an Infographic? Infographic Designs from $750.

I like beach balls

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Yeah the keyword terms & conditions is related to PPC, and has been in there ever since PKR started.

I'm blacklisting them because I have a problem with affiliate programs who retroactively add predatory terms. Especially terms like these - I refer a lot of new affiliates, and with terms like that I can't recommend they ever work with PKR.
    MJ and Shay like this.
    Graeme aka Dealer Dan
    Gambling Affiliate Bible

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Sounds pretty similar to Bwin. I would happily drop these guys for that.

DropoutGotRich.com
    My Personal Blog URL Above!

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by addz123 View Post
    Not sure what the big deal is?
    Sarcasm right?

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KevinMcC View Post
    Sarcasm right?
    No?

Genuinely don't see what the big deal is. 6 months is a long time to earn a RMP - at the end of the day you can pay someone to use your affiliate link if you're that bothered.

Like I said, IncomeAccess stops paying if you fail to refer a RMP within 3 months.

Affiliates basically have 3 choices besides blacklisting PKR:

- Promote on Revenue Share and pay someone if you get close to being deactivated
    - Promote on CPA without any issues
    - Choose someone else to promote

Retrospectively changing T's and C's is the norm in this industry.

On a sidenote, I'd be interested to hear from people who make a lot of money on revenue share at certain programs but havn't referred a RMP in 6 months.
    My affiliate blog: Affiliate FYI Twitter: @AffiliateFYI

Need an Infographic? Infographic Designs from $750.

while(true) money++;

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

you can not offer somebody a lifetime deal and then say from one day to the other , oh , hey new rules. that wasn't part of the deal, simple as that. is has nothing to do with the fact if it's easily doable or not.

"
    "Real Players" means a player who arrives at the PKR Ltd site as a result of Affiliate marketing activity either online (e.g. via a banner or a link) or offline (e.g. via a CD Rom), who opens a new user account and accepts the applicable terms and conditions and proceeds to making the required minimum deposit into their account and earns a specific number of frequent player points on the PKR Ltd site;
    "
    i like this part, 'and earns a specific number of frequent player points on the pkr ltd site'.
    ahhh... how many points is that? and how many is that next month? what's next? you need to slaughter a virgin each full moon?
    it's even not clearly stated what a real player is already (me no native english, maybe it's just me)

yes, i do make money on rev share each month, and no i dont actively promote them a lot. i guess you can read my thoughts
    KevinMcC likes this.

Thread Information