Thread: .guru domains

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default .guru domains

Anyone using the .guru domains?

There are a lot of them available for pretty good online gambling terms. Just not sure if they are worth the $39.99.

Just curious if anyone has played around with them. I think they'd be good for the marketing angle you could create with them.

Not sure how the search engines are dealing with them. Do the search engines allegedly still give preference to .com's over other TLD's? I never found out if this was really true or not, but it seemed to be.
    muffincrumbs likes this.
    Weekly Content Subscription Service

Fresh, Unique Content directly to your blog or delivered to you via email every week.

Be as specific or general as you want on a given topic and let me do the rest.

Content Rates Starting At $0.050 / word.

PM me to get started.

Giving players too much credit

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    52 (100%)

More self proclaimed gurus, that's just want the internet needs.
    Shay likes this.

Not Sure Who or Why...

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by SmackDog View Post
    Do the search engines allegedly still give preference to .com's over other TLD's? I never found out if this was really true or not, but it seemed to be.
    It does seem to be that way. I do not have a real answer for you, but I have seen .co's out ranking lots of other sites, and of course, .org's but I have never seen an odd ball domain name like .guru or .mobi, or even .tv do that well. I could just be a lack of trust.

Which ones have you seen a lot in the serps?

Sorry to answer with more questions.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SmackDog View Post
    Not sure how the search engines are dealing with them. Do the search engines allegedly still give preference to .com's over other TLD's? I never found out if this was really true or not, but it seemed to be.
    The search engines give preference to well-linked Websites and Websites in TLDs that have not been spammed out.

I think it will take a while measured in months or years for all these new TLDs to shake out in search. What I suspect will happen is that only a few of them will attract the most new content but perhaps there will be niche TLDs that favor some types of content over others (because of the choices of publishers in some cases, because of the rules laid down by TLD admins in others).

We may end up with a mosaic of rules and patterns that are hard to read when you're trying to choose where to put your domain registrations -- in which case, we'll probably also see some interesting domaining tools develop as the situation becomes more complicated.
    Shay and muffincrumbs like this.
    Free advice and opinions are provided without any warranties or guarantees. I cannot do anything about the facts.

Formerly PartTimePoker

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    27 (97%)

I bought a couple but just because they made sense. For example, I think game-specific URLs brand well with .guru - like SNG.guru or similar.
    Shay likes this.
    I'm on Google Plus, Twitter and Facebook. PM me and I'll add you back.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

i bought Poker Bonus Guru because i got it for $1.99 when i got a .co.uk just came to renew and was shocked at the the renew price i ended up building my site with the .guru domain and let the .co.uk one cancel after a year. im on first page of google for some good keywords with no back links at all which i am amazed at but have not made any money yet think i need some guidence if anyone can spare a little time
    Last edited by craigzzzz; 07-02-2019 at 04:39 PM.

Thread Information