Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Anyone in the online lottery market?

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Default Anyone in the online lottery market?

Which programs have you been working with in the past?
    What are your experiences with those programs?

PAL Red Pro
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Haven't worked with any, and not sure how many of the advertisers on PAL deal with lotto. I do know though that Breakout Gaming is launching there lotto offering very soon .

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I have been in the online lotto business since 2011 now and I have been doing well, but lately most of the programs have gone really bad. Late or no payments, de-tagging of players, predatory T+C's, bad support etc.

At this point, I am seriously considering launching my own brand, and an affiliate program as well. The affiliate program will then probably be the only honest operation in this market.
    dgoin likes this.

New here )

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    I have been in the online lotto business since 2011 now and I have been doing well, but lately most of the programs have gone really bad. Late or no payments, de-tagging of players, predatory T+C's, bad support etc.

At this point, I am seriously considering launching my own brand, and an affiliate program as well. The affiliate program will then probably be the only honest operation in this market.
    I'm going to start with lottery niche. Can you recommend any affiliate programs / brands?

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    I'm going to start with lottery niche. Can you recommend any affiliate programs / brands?
    So far, I have been working with Wintrillions (Lottoelite), TheLotter, MyLotto and Lottoland.
    Wintrillions used to be great, but now they have not made payment since September, conversion rate is horrible, and I suspect they stole players from me, big time (two years ago, after 4 years of consistently rising revenues, my revenues went down by 70% from one month to the next!).
    TheLotter, from a rather short experience, converts well, but customer retention is not so good. Their reputation seems to be somewhat shady, heard some bad stuff from other affiliates.
    MyLotto and Lottoland - predatory terms, non-existing support.

That is why I am thinking about launching my own lotto brand and affiliate program in the near future. It is a great vertical, but I have had it with the affiliate programs - they are all bad in one way or another. Feel free to PM me with your email and I send you an invite to the affiliate program when it launches.
    dgoin likes this.

PAL Red Pro
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Sorry to hear that Catfish. Didn't know the lotto side was that rough.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dgoin View Post
    Sorry to hear that Catfish. Didn't know the lotto side was that rough.
    It is. Now that I am looking for a white label solution, it turns out that most of the companies who have been offering this, like Lottotech, Kootac etc. seem to have gone out of business. Guess legislation has a lot to do with it, the online lotto market has grown to a point where the state lotteries have taken notice and they are trying to take down their competition. Not an easy enemy to be dealing with.

I am currently talking to one company and they are asking 5-figure money to set this up, but I am worried that they might go out of business as well and I'd lose my investment. Maybe I should try to strike a deal with them based on monthly payments instead?

PAL Red Pro
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Wow, that would be a tough choice. I barely play lotto now but have always wonder how that all worked. I posted a article on FB where some UK sites were not being honored if players won.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dgoin View Post
    Wow, that would be a tough choice. I barely play lotto now but have always wonder how that all worked. I posted a article on FB where some UK sites were not being honored if players won.
    Actually it is quite simple. Mostly, they just have an insurance policy in place that covers potential winnings. One provider who offers online lotto tickets actually set up their own insurance company just for that.
    The problem with the UK is that, depending on where the lotto site is licensed, they are not allowed to market their services in the UK. But I doubt that if they do sell a ticket to a UK customer, that gives them a legal basis not to pay up?

PAL Red Pro
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I found the article, and had to read it again. It appears to be more of a ban on UK players using third party sites. Took me a while to find it.

Thread Information