Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bum Marketing

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default Bum Marketing

If you don't know what bum marketing is then to put it briefly you write around 10 articles per day and submit them to ezinearticles.com. You give them catchy titles and aim them at long tail keywords which brings traffic from ezine itself and also from google.

Then at the bottom of the article in the resource box you link to the product your trying to sell and hope to direct traffic to your landing page to generate sales.

What I want to know is has anybody ever tried this with gambling. Use the resource box to point at a landing page for a specific sites program and try to generate sign ups?

Formerly TPB
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

I'd definitely say that you're better off putting those 10 articles on your own site as opposed to ezines. People use ezines for bum marketing because they do not have to work set up their own website and build links to it to get their content to rank well, whereas ezines is an established site so the content has a very good chance of ranking for long-tail search terms. All you have to do is write and submit, then the article should rank well.

You're far better off building a good website of your own, building a good number of links and putting all that content on your own domain. You get to give that traffic the chance to circulate around your site, and so you stand a better chance of converting those visitors.

Also, I'm pretty sure that you can't put direct affiliate links in the resource box of ezine article submissions. The workaround is that you can buy a domain and redirect 1 affiliate link through that domain and link to that domain in the article, or you can set up a landing page promoting a room and link to that. For all that effort though, I don't see why you wouldn't just use the content on your own site and work to get your domain ranking well yourself.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Nothing wrong with submitting to the article directories for a few backlinks as part of a balanced strategy - but totally agree that using them on your own site is 1000000% better... if you have taken the time to research a subject no harm in using the same material for a respun min-article to submit elsewhere IMO.

Just checked my own limited ezine articles efforts over the past couple of years... 61 live articles, republished 254 times (got to love dupe content!) and a total of 1637 URL clicks - peanuts compared to a decent quality + well SEO'd portal.

Ezine do not allow direct aff links or redirects as far as I know - you'll need a landing page of some sort - not sure about the other directories though.

Thanks, Mark

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

EZA is popular for ClickBank products. For example, you might have a website but you can't or don't want to pitch a bunch of products on it. The articles work well for people looking for sales, not SEO.

I put a few articles up on EZA to link to my poker e-book sales page since I can't really turn a single sales page website into a complete poker portal. I also put a mini-sales page up on my main poker portal and then link that to KillNoLimit.com. It's kind of attacking from 2 different angles.
    Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score

For a minute there I thought this thread was about:

Anthony Martino
    President
    PokerNations LLC
    www.PokerNations.com

Anthonys Facebook Profile

I don't trust anything that bleeds for seven days and doesn't die

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

If the articles are interesting enough they may be picked up and redistributed on other sites. I've earned links doing this, but I don't use it as a link building technique. It's too inefficient, in my opinion.
    Free advice and opinions are provided without any warranties or guarantees. I cannot do anything about the facts.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Meh, if you do B.U.M marketing, you need to go all out. Ezine is only 1 of about 20 sites to try and take the top 10 spots for each long tail. You'll never see a real income doing only ezinearticles.com

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Well, For me Ezine articles works really well. I did a test and submit 25 articles last 6 months or so. i got some good traffic and still getting...

If you submit 10 articles per week, and after 3 to 4 months you will see the results. It takes a bit time but it works.

Thread Information