Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
Chipsplit.com Affiliate Program
+ Reply to Thread
    MJ
    Armchair Quarterback
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    44 (100%)

Default PokerSource Affiliate Program Payouts

Hey guys, this morning I was looking at the various free bankroll providers for payout amounts to see if any of them were worth sending some lower tier traffic too.

I got to looking at the PokerSource affiliate program today, and I think it's backwards - tell me what you guys think:

Player has the choice of free bankroll, or rakeback - but not both (okay, that makes sense as it's probably CPA vs Revshare).

However, check out the affiliate payouts:

For each room a player takes the free bankroll = $20 CPA

For each room a player takes rakeback = $5 CPA

Now you guys tell me, when a player goes to PokerSource and chooses rakeback over a free $100 bankroll, is it not automatically assumed this is a more educated high value player that can see the "long term" value of the rakeback offer over the free bankroll?

I think PokerSource should consider changing this to allow more residual income for subaffiliates - and possibly more of us would promote stuff like this.

Anyone agree or disagree?
    Domains I am selling at bargain prices: http://www.pokeraffiliatelistings.co...tml#post178840

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post

To me that reads as if you get paid $20 for a player taking a $100 free bankroll
    msn: gooderpoker[at]hotmail.com

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Definitely a broken system. For rakeback players, I would much much much prefer a % cut of the referral (like every other rakeback provider offers).

It's $20 if they take the "free gift" route (I assume because they've got a larger profit margin on these gifts vs. straight cash?), $10 for the instant bankrolls, and $5 for a rakeback signup.

PAL / CAL fan
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score

To me it just proves the fact that margins are extremely low on Rakeback, this is why PokerSource cannot give rev share on its rakeback.
    All depends as well on how PokerSource is being paid by operators (because they are an affiliate)
    Let's assume PokerSource is getting rev share, it becomes difficult for them to share another % cut for their own affiliates.
    Geof Dallennes

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    To me it just proves the fact that margins are extremely low on Rakeback, this is why PokerSource cannot give rev share on its rakeback.
    All depends as well on how PokerSource is being paid by operators (because they are an affiliate)
    Let's assume PokerSource is getting rev share, it becomes difficult for them to share another % cut for their own affiliates.
    It's kinda hard to sell that idea when practically every other rakeback program out there provides a % share for their affiliates/referral program.

The margins are thin, but that is made up for by player value.

PAL / CAL fan
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    It's kinda hard to sell that idea when practically every other rakeback program out there provides a % share for their affiliates/referral program.

The margins are thin, but that is made up for by player value.
    Yeah i got your point, the thing is that PokerSource is not a pure rakeback provider like RakeTheRake, and i guess they have loads of costs to maintain their offer. This is the price to pay to offer real added value to players.
    Geof Dallennes

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I have a feeling that the reason they offer rakeback is that some of the players who come to them for free bankrolls/cash are bound to start playing more and realize that they can get more money with rakeback. Instead of having to send them to a different site, they have a selection of rakeback offers.

I suspect that they want their affiliates to promote the free bankrolls and gifts, but still have to pay something for rakeback players since they promote it on the frontpage.

So they have tailored the payouts to pay the most for the kind of players they actually want, and give smaller compensation if one of them decide to cross over to rakeback.
    My blog www.unknownwebmaster.com | New posts on Poker affiliate blogs | Webmaster tools I use every day.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

MJ,

Like most affiliate programs, probably the PSO guys have a standard and safe offer for sub affiliates. I am sure they can customise it for you if you mean good business for them.

They are some of the smartest I have seen in the industry so far. You can contact JL or MJ and check with them.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    Hey guys, this morning I was looking at the various free bankroll providers for payout amounts to see if any of them were worth sending some lower tier traffic too.

I got to looking at the PokerSource affiliate program today, and I think it's backwards - tell me what you guys think:

Player has the choice of free bankroll, or rakeback - but not both (okay, that makes sense as it's probably CPA vs Revshare).

However, check out the affiliate payouts:

Now you guys tell me, when a player goes to PokerSource and chooses rakeback over a free $100 bankroll, is it not automatically assumed this is a more educated high value player that can see the "long term" value of the rakeback offer over the free bankroll?

I think PokerSource should consider changing this to allow more residual income for subaffiliates - and possibly more of us would promote stuff like this.

Cheers,
    Satya Mahapatra

Follow me on Twitter
    Skype/Yahoo/Windows Live - satyaswaroop

PAL's Glenn Beck
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

As an AM I would expect that you are better informed than that, It is simply not true except for a select few rooms like FT. As a Rakeback provider myself, I'm not sure why I keep trying to dispel these comments, but they are simply inaccurate.

Even if that is true, Rakeback players are worth at least twice as much as a non rakeback player on MGR, and will not jump or dump their account at some point to get rakeback, which any educated grinder will eventually do. Again, I guess I'm dumb for trying to explain this time and time again, but I am just so surprised when someone with experience as an AM makes a comment like this.

PAL / CAL fan
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    As an AM I would expect that you are better informed than that, It is simply not true except for a select few rooms like FT. As a Rakeback provider myself, I'm not sure why I keep trying to dispel these comments, but they are simply inaccurate.

Even if that is true, Rakeback players are worth at least twice as much as a non rakeback player on MGR, and will not jump or dump their account at some point to get rakeback, which any educated grinder will eventually do. Again, I guess I'm dumb for trying to explain this time and time again, but I am just so surprised when someone with experience as an AM makes a comment like this.
    Randy, that comment of mine applies here because PokerSource does not only provide rakeback, surely they have other costs to offer the rest of their services which is of added value. It is indeed costly to produce news, to run a shop, to in PokerStrategy.com case in addition offer each month $100,000 to our best players, to produce coaching videos, to run Live coaching sessions, to write hundreds of strategy articles, to run communities, to run a VIP program, to throw gigantic parties for our best players, to offer not only free $50 but an extra $100 release type bonus, to offer the best poker software tools, etc...

So again i must state that i have nothing against rakeback, i just think this hinders margins to offer other added value to players and this always had been my message on PAL and on other places. Note that PokerStartegy.com players are loyal to PokerStrategy.com even though they could get higher rakeback through 100% rakeback affiliates type. There is more to simple rakeback, and hopefully affiliates out there understand that the key now in a mature business such as ours (in certain markets) is to ADD VALUE. I posted a news on that topic here on PAL a few days ago, it's actually a blog post from A4UExpo organizers, have a read here: Why affiliates must add value and drive for quality.
    Geof Dallennes

Thread Information