New Posts
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
Chipsplit.com Affiliate Program
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    MJ
    MJ is offline
    Armchair Quarterback
    My Status
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,357
    Blog Entries
    17
    Feedback Score
    44 (100%)

    Default PokerSource Affiliate Program Payouts

    Hey guys, this morning I was looking at the various free bankroll providers for payout amounts to see if any of them were worth sending some lower tier traffic too.

    I got to looking at the PokerSource affiliate program today, and I think it's backwards - tell me what you guys think:

    Player has the choice of free bankroll, or rakeback - but not both (okay, that makes sense as it's probably CPA vs Revshare).

    However, check out the affiliate payouts:

    For each room a player takes the free bankroll = $20 CPA

    For each room a player takes rakeback = $5 CPA

    Now you guys tell me, when a player goes to PokerSource and chooses rakeback over a free $100 bankroll, is it not automatically assumed this is a more educated high value player that can see the "long term" value of the rakeback offer over the free bankroll?

    I think PokerSource should consider changing this to allow more residual income for subaffiliates - and possibly more of us would promote stuff like this.

    Anyone agree or disagree?
    Domains I am selling at bargain prices: http://www.pokeraffiliatelistings.co...tml#post178840

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    My Status
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    684
    Blog Entries
    1
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post

    For each room a player takes the free bankroll = $20 CPA

    For each room a player takes rakeback = $5 CPA

    Anyone agree or disagree?
    To me that reads as if you get paid $20 for a player taking a $100 free bankroll
    Real name: Ryan
    msn: gooderpoker[at]hotmail.com

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    My Status
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    450
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

    Default

    Definitely a broken system. For rakeback players, I would much much much prefer a % cut of the referral (like every other rakeback provider offers).

    It's $20 if they take the "free gift" route (I assume because they've got a larger profit margin on these gifts vs. straight cash?), $10 for the instant bankrolls, and $5 for a rakeback signup.

  4. #4
    PAL / CAL fan
    My Status
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Viva Espaņa
    Posts
    70
    Blog Entries
    12
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    To me it just proves the fact that margins are extremely low on Rakeback, this is why PokerSource cannot give rev share on its rakeback.
    All depends as well on how PokerSource is being paid by operators (because they are an affiliate)
    Let's assume PokerSource is getting rev share, it becomes difficult for them to share another % cut for their own affiliates.
    Geof Dallennes

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    My Status
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    450
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    To me it just proves the fact that margins are extremely low on Rakeback, this is why PokerSource cannot give rev share on its rakeback.
    All depends as well on how PokerSource is being paid by operators (because they are an affiliate)
    Let's assume PokerSource is getting rev share, it becomes difficult for them to share another % cut for their own affiliates.
    It's kinda hard to sell that idea when practically every other rakeback program out there provides a % share for their affiliates/referral program.

    The margins are thin, but that is made up for by player value.

  6. #6
    PAL / CAL fan
    My Status
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Viva Espaņa
    Posts
    70
    Blog Entries
    12
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    It's kinda hard to sell that idea when practically every other rakeback program out there provides a % share for their affiliates/referral program.

    The margins are thin, but that is made up for by player value.
    Yeah i got your point, the thing is that PokerSource is not a pure rakeback provider like RakeTheRake, and i guess they have loads of costs to maintain their offer. This is the price to pay to offer real added value to players.
    Geof Dallennes

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    My Status
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Northern Europe
    Posts
    882
    Blog Entries
    6
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

    Default

    I have a feeling that the reason they offer rakeback is that some of the players who come to them for free bankrolls/cash are bound to start playing more and realize that they can get more money with rakeback. Instead of having to send them to a different site, they have a selection of rakeback offers.

    I suspect that they want their affiliates to promote the free bankrolls and gifts, but still have to pay something for rakeback players since they promote it on the frontpage.

    So they have tailored the payouts to pay the most for the kind of players they actually want, and give smaller compensation if one of them decide to cross over to rakeback.
    My blog www.unknownwebmaster.com | New posts on Poker affiliate blogs | Webmaster tools I use every day.

  8. #8
    Member
    My Status
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    70
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    MJ,

    Like most affiliate programs, probably the PSO guys have a standard and safe offer for sub affiliates. I am sure they can customise it for you if you mean good business for them.

    They are some of the smartest I have seen in the industry so far. You can contact JL or MJ and check with them.

    Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    Hey guys, this morning I was looking at the various free bankroll providers for payout amounts to see if any of them were worth sending some lower tier traffic too.

    I got to looking at the PokerSource affiliate program today, and I think it's backwards - tell me what you guys think:

    Player has the choice of free bankroll, or rakeback - but not both (okay, that makes sense as it's probably CPA vs Revshare).

    However, check out the affiliate payouts:

    For each room a player takes the free bankroll = $20 CPA

    For each room a player takes rakeback = $5 CPA

    Now you guys tell me, when a player goes to PokerSource and chooses rakeback over a free $100 bankroll, is it not automatically assumed this is a more educated high value player that can see the "long term" value of the rakeback offer over the free bankroll?

    I think PokerSource should consider changing this to allow more residual income for subaffiliates - and possibly more of us would promote stuff like this.

    Anyone agree or disagree?
    Cheers,
    Satya Mahapatra

    Follow me on Twitter
    Skype/Yahoo/Windows Live - satyaswaroop

  9. #9
    PAL's Glenn Beck
    My Status
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chillin' in the Ozarks
    Posts
    2,979
    Blog Entries
    23
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

    Default

    To me it just proves the fact that margins are extremely low on Rakeback, this is why PokerSource cannot give rev share on its rakeback.
    As an AM I would expect that you are better informed than that, It is simply not true except for a select few rooms like FT. As a Rakeback provider myself, I'm not sure why I keep trying to dispel these comments, but they are simply inaccurate.

    Even if that is true, Rakeback players are worth at least twice as much as a non rakeback player on MGR, and will not jump or dump their account at some point to get rakeback, which any educated grinder will eventually do. Again, I guess I'm dumb for trying to explain this time and time again, but I am just so surprised when someone with experience as an AM makes a comment like this.

  10. #10
    PAL / CAL fan
    My Status
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Viva Espaņa
    Posts
    70
    Blog Entries
    12
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    As an AM I would expect that you are better informed than that, It is simply not true except for a select few rooms like FT. As a Rakeback provider myself, I'm not sure why I keep trying to dispel these comments, but they are simply inaccurate.

    Even if that is true, Rakeback players are worth at least twice as much as a non rakeback player on MGR, and will not jump or dump their account at some point to get rakeback, which any educated grinder will eventually do. Again, I guess I'm dumb for trying to explain this time and time again, but I am just so surprised when someone with experience as an AM makes a comment like this.
    Randy, that comment of mine applies here because PokerSource does not only provide rakeback, surely they have other costs to offer the rest of their services which is of added value. It is indeed costly to produce news, to run a shop, to in PokerStrategy.com case in addition offer each month $100,000 to our best players, to produce coaching videos, to run Live coaching sessions, to write hundreds of strategy articles, to run communities, to run a VIP program, to throw gigantic parties for our best players, to offer not only free $50 but an extra $100 release type bonus, to offer the best poker software tools, etc...

    So again i must state that i have nothing against rakeback, i just think this hinders margins to offer other added value to players and this always had been my message on PAL and on other places. Note that PokerStartegy.com players are loyal to PokerStrategy.com even though they could get higher rakeback through 100% rakeback affiliates type. There is more to simple rakeback, and hopefully affiliates out there understand that the key now in a mature business such as ours (in certain markets) is to ADD VALUE. I posted a news on that topic here on PAL a few days ago, it's actually a blog post from A4UExpo organizers, have a read here: Why affiliates must add value and drive for quality.
    Geof Dallennes


 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Player GPS Affiliate Program
    By Jeremy in forum General Poker Affiliate Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 11:42 PM
  2. Looking for an affiliate program that shaves?
    By RockbetJohn in forum PAL Partner Special Promotions & News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2009, 03:10 AM
  3. Kudos to PDC Affiliate Program and Doyle's Room Affiliate Program
    By corpfan1 in forum General Poker Affiliate Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 12:41 AM
  4. How do you see PokerStars affiliate program
    By MAC in forum General Poker Affiliate Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 12:53 AM
  5. What are payouts for Carbon Affiliate Freerolls?
    By Prop in forum General Poker Affiliate Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-05-2008, 06:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.5
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0