Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    अखिलेश एक औरत है
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default Insane PokerStars Glitch

Came across this on Two Plus Two, apparentely there was a glitch on PokerStars where if you hit re-match in a SNG tournament you would be re-entered even with a $0 balance. Not sure how long this glitch was active for but it was definitely long enough for some players to take advantage, see chart below (search "nugloker" on SharkScope for full stats):

This will be an absolute nightmare for Stars to figure out, hopefully it won't affect those of you on revenue share, although it most certainly might depending on how they decide to handle the situation. Anyone have any idea how this could happen???

Was reading further and it seems the real issue is that they are freezing and confiscating balances from their big players even though the players were seemingly unaware of the situation, doesn't seem like it's being handled well at this point.
    Last edited by JohnG; 08-06-2009 at 09:16 PM. Reason: More info

Brandon
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

No way that guy cashes the funds out.

CK
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Even if he doesnt...sorting out the players with real money vs. those who obv abused the system is going to be an absolute nightmare and even more so who do they take winnings away from when they thought they were playing with a legit player. gonna have some upset players soon

Lol @ stars take the fking money and make it sound i am responsible for your stupid mistakes. i love it how they make it sound im the badguy when i didnt do anything wrong. Also im sure they wouldnt refund me when i ended up loosing against these players.
    That's some bull****. If Pokerstars is taking away the money you won legitimately they should definitely refund my losses. Or else they will actually come out ahead after this fiasco which was entirely their fault. Seizing funds from people who abused the rematch option and from the players who unknowingly played them and won. Pokerstars is turning this into a freeroll for themselves.
    Last edited by CK; 08-06-2009 at 10:00 PM.
    ----------------------------------------
    Everyone says they are willing to do whatever it takes to get ahead - but yet there are so few people up at 5AM ? - Robert Herjavec
    ---------------------------------------

Old Timer
    Artist Formerly Known as
    "Ridge"

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

That sucks, but I know form experience that Stars handle most everyone really well. I bet this will be the same.
    Looking for help with your Affiliate site? Hit me up at Poker Affiliate.org http://www.pokeraffiliate.org/

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    That sucks, but I know form experience that Stars handle most everyone really well. I bet this will be the same.
    I agree, if there is a poker site that can handle a delicate issue to fix like this one, its PokerStars!

Everyday I'm Hustlin...

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    No way that guy cashes the funds out.
    Apparently some emails have gone out:

"Hello,

We have become aware of a situation which allowed players with a zero balance to rematch in Heads Up Sit’n’Go tournaments.

Your account was identified as being one of these accounts.

As a result we have debited $5625 from winnings made on HeadsUp S&Gs where the other player did not pay the Buy-in or rake.

Your account has been reinstated. In the future, we ask that you notify us immediately if you notice any similar irregularities in order to prevent the loss of your playing privileges.

Regards,"
    Check Out My Blog

अखिलेश एक औरत है
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I agree, if there is a poker site that can handle a delicate issue to fix like this one, its PokerStars!
    That's great and all but it would also be nice to know how this could have happened. Seems like most likely a programmer decided to do this to spite Stars or something, either way it is somewhat concerning.

While I would usually agree that Stars would be good at handling these issues, if you've read that thread it's easy to see that players are starting to get really pissed.

Imagine you were a SuperNova Elite who regularly played $5,000 SNG's, won 10 that day legitimately (or so you thought) and then Stars took the funds out of your account, that's what the major issue with this is aside from the obvious security concerns (if there are any).

Everyday I'm Hustlin...

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
    That's great and all but it would also be nice to know how this could have happened. Seems like most likely a programmer decided to do this to spite Stars or something, either way it is somewhat concerning.

While I would usually agree that Stars would be good at handling these issues, if you've read that thread it's easy to see that players are starting to get really pissed.

Imagine you were a SuperNova Elite who regularly played $5,000 SNG's, won 10 that day legitimately (or so you thought) and then Stars took the funds out of your account, that's what the major issue with this is aside from the obvious security concerns (if there are any).
    With programming errors happen. I highly doubt this was intentional but it was a HUGE error.

As for how they handle it I would hope they would look at the activity of the players involved. If people were going all-in first hand everytime I would flag this as suspicious. If people were legitimately playing they will be able to tell this from the hand histories. I would hope they take the time to go through this very carefully but that would mean that a lot of peoples funds would be frozen until they can do these verifications.
    Check Out My Blog

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Players who played in good faith and did not offend should be entitled to legitimate winnings.

Obviously the offenders should be pursued for the funds, but Stars should admit its liability because if its software fault and honour legit players balances.

As a legit player there would have be no way to know you the player you were playing had entered without enough funds.

x

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    59 (100%)

Although is a very serious issue, i cant help smiling.
    Can you emagine the look on the broke players face when he finds out...

Thread Information