Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Drinking Captain Morgan

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default ProPokerPics.com - A New Resource for High Quality, Low Cost, Poker Graphics & Photos

One of the most common questions asked in the forums is “Where can I get quality images, photos & graphics from”. The truth is there isn’t that many great resources, the stock photo sites mostly have cheesy looking photos, or charge too much. Many webmasters either out of ignorance or disregard “borrow” images from other poker sites and portals which is basically stealing and makes the webmaster & the industry look bad.

One of the simplest things webmasters and bloggers can do to make their sites more professional is to use legally licensed, high quality graphics and photos in their content. I think every article should use at least one graphic or photo. I’ve attached a sample high quality graphic below:

Here is an example from one of my websites; I recently wrote a pretty simple/basic article on the “Importance of voting”:

Basically, the article was pretty lame, but by including the graphic it made the article look about 300% better than just two crappy paragraphs of text.

I’ve created a fancy PowerPoint which touches on the highlights of the ProPokerPics.com website; unfortunately the power point presentation only runs on Internet Explorer, you can play the presentation here:

For Firefox/Opera/Safari users you can view the PDF presentation here:

Here are the highlights of ProPokerPics.com:
    • Completely free use of poker room screenshots, lobby’s, tables, cashier screens, marketing materials, etc. I am not charging for these at all.
    • Low Cost Artwork and Photographs. I don’t anticipate any image ever being more than $10, most being offered for $5.
    • Most of the low cost Artwork & Photographs are also available completely free for a back link  This is a great option for those just getting started or for webmasters and bloggers on a tight budget. There are lots of different linking options available for individual graphics & photos.
    • 3rd Party Photographers, Graphic Designers & Graphic Artists can showcase their products on ProPokerPics.com. All sales are handled by the custom backend and Commission percentages are calculated and paid automatically. Another option the photographer has is to provide the photos or graphics for a back link.
    For established webmasters of this forum who participate in the beta/soft launch of ProPokerPics.com and provide at least one quality back link I will give you unlimited access to any pictures or graphics on ProPokerPics.com (excluding 3rd party Photographers and Artists who may/may not allow use for links). Here are two options for the anchor text I would like you to use when pointing to Pro Poker Pics with preference on back link #1:There are also a couple of sections of the site that aren’t quite finished like the “Privacy Policy” and the “Terms of Use” so if you are the lawyer type or good with terms and conditions, I will give you complete access to the photos and graphics for free, just contact me.

The software is quite complex and has a lot of different features. Without writing a 10 page post, I’m sure that I’ve probably missed some items or relevant questions, so feel free to post any questions you may have.

I’m pretty happy with the overall design/layout & functionality but we will be making some small tweaks and adjustments based on user feedback.

Important to remember:

This is a Beta/Soft launch so there will most likely be some bugs and small glitches. Please report any bugs, glitches, and suggestions using the “Contact Us” form on ProPokerPics.com or by emailing me directly.

Jason
    Aka “The Good Karma Kid”
    www.ProPokerPics.com
    Jason@PromotePoker.com
    Last edited by GoodKarmaKid; 11-19-2008 at 06:27 AM.
    aka "The Good Karma Kid" - "I'm Not Lucky, I have Good Karma!"

"Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty." Leo Rosten (1908-1997)

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I'd like to get it on the beta. I can offer a PR2 backlink and help you test some of the pics and give feedback. If you want to PM me or MSG me through Skype/Aim/MSN, please do and we can discuss.

Thanks and this is a great idea.
    PokerTrikz - The Free Poker Training Site.

Tin Foil Hatter
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

def getting in on this and thanks GKK! I've got a pr3 poker blog that would ship over a juicy link. I'll hit you up with a PM. Cool service!
    Promote the only Home Based Poker Dealing School on the net via Clickbank with these banners.
    Poker Leaderboard - manage & display points standings easily on your website.

MPC
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

I'm interested in testing this software. Instead of giving you a backlink, I give you something much more valuable: 8 years of experience beta testing software for the Governemnt of Canada. If you bring me on, I will rip the thing apart. You have been warned! lol

MJ
    Armchair Quarterback
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    44 (100%)

I have about 80 articles that look so boring without pics, I'm def in on this - great idea Jason.
    Buying: sites with traffic/earnings, also premium .coms - PM Me Offers

Drinking Captain Morgan

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks for the compliments on the site everyone. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or run into any bugs. I believe everyone who has contacted me or pm'ed me has been replied too (except MyPokerCorner, who I added to Skype but hasn't been online)

One question that has come up is regarding those with multiple sites. Generally speaking, I'd like to get one decent link to either "Poker Pictures" or "Poker Pics" from any site that the photos are used on. If you have something else in mind or want to barter some service just let me know, I am pretty flexible.

I am having another 20 Custom Illustrations made up (this batch is going to be all of the past WSOP winners) but I am also taking custom requests and ideas.

Thanks again for all of the interest in the site.

Jason

MPC
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Can't get on skype during the day, I'm usually on at night after work. It's easier if you PM me or e-mail me. I'll PM you an e-mail address.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Just got in on this, gotta say it's really sick, nice job Jason.

See them in action here:

www.pokersite.org/us-poker-sites/
    www.pokersite.org/
    http://www.pokersite.org/poker-strat...to-avoid-tilt/
    www.pokersite.org/poker-directory/
    Last edited by themike537; 11-20-2008 at 03:56 PM.
    MikeWittmeyer.com - Updated March 2nd, 2012

Drinking Captain Morgan

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Great examples of the custom illustrations in use, this is exactly how I envisioned webmasters using them

Jason

Drinking Captain Morgan

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that I will have 3 different versions of the top rooms logos available as icons very soon. I'm trying to work out the logistics of how best to organize them on the site and because of their small size (relative to all the other pics) how to best implement them.

The new icon size versions of logos will be updated to ProPokerPics.com in the next couple of days. if you need them sooner for any pressing projects just send me an email.

Sizes of Logo Icons:
    • 20 x 20 Icons of 24 top rooms
    • 50 x 50 Icons of 24 top rooms
    • 100x100 Icons of 24 top rooms
    Normally, I wouldn't post until the images are available, I just didn't want any of the beta testers wasting time trying to create these. As with all other Logos and screen shots, these pics will be free of charge.

50 x 50 samples (3 different sizes will be available):

Jason
    Last edited by GoodKarmaKid; 11-28-2008 at 07:30 PM.

Thread Information