I started as an offline affiliate. Was a poker player who wanted to earn some extra. At the beginng I was only promoting those deals to my friends and for few random person who I met in poker clubs/casino. Step by step it came a bit bigger.
Now later on I have my on web-site + people working for me. I still find it really good that I started as an offline. There was a lots of time to work out with many serious questions exmp: how things are working, what are my leaks of this business, what should I improve, how my "rivals" are doing this, DO I REALLY WANT TO DO THIS BUSINESS???
And after than when you are finally decide to have an web-site and start doing this for big times you are sure how much you want to be in this business!
Even I have my web-site Im still doing lots of offline marketing. Here are my few tips for it.
* Even you dont have a web-site make a domain and but there "coming soon". Now you can have a personal email (exmp: firstname.lastname@example.org), those hotmails and yahoos sucks when its about taking people seriously.
Now you can make a business card where is your name,skype,msn and real email!
Anywhere im hearing people talking about poker im going to talk with them. "sorry guys you were talking about poker. how its going on......where you play......how good deal?....Okey, I have my own poker consulting company and I could fix you a way better deals. here is my business card drop me an email and we will setlle things up".
Heh, its also great way to get chicks in the bar/club when conversation comes to you and what you are doing
* Buy a stickers. Im sticking those to clubs´ toilets and all around music festivals now when its summer time.
*Poker clubs & casinos are great places to start chat with people and end up to give them a deals.
* I Bought over 100 poker books (normal price 45€ , got them for 5€ of one). Will make flyers a size of business card that says something like this: "Make a 20$ deposit and recieve poker book worth for 45€ for FREE, by using this code:xxxxx"
Will most propably use my CPA deals for this. Going to cost me totally under 10€ to buy and send this books to my customers. And every sing up gives me nice profit + Its really easy to throw this "cards" away when you are meeting new people.
* Most propably I will start hosting poker games at the one club. Its up to me how much I want to advertise my own site beside games.
* Have a "hoodie" + couple of Tshirt where is logo of my site. At this point I find it very important that those clothes with your print are COOL. Its not too atractive to have a "fruit of the loom"-shirt (or some another cheap brand) with small logo on top of your left tit.
Remeber that everything you do gives some kind of image to the people. Image about your site. What kind of brand it will have...its up to your moves
* Sport sponsoring. It cost 240€ + 100beers (from the shop) for me to start sponsoring one floorball club from 4.division xD Now on their shorts there is big logo of my web-site. And everybody will notice it because at that low division there is not much of sponsoring going on. Of course not so much audiences neather, but still hundreds of people will see it during the season. Even one of those will en up contacting me will pay it selfs back.
Really long post, sorry. Hope there is at least some tips for someone.