Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Default How to convince people to play?

Hello,

I know that we must make a review of the site(s). But what exactly should we convey in that review? From your experience, what kind of information would convince people to play?

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

I think that you can`t convince them to play poker just by reviewing poker rooms.
    You must offer them something new or unique. I don`t know what it should be, but use your imagination. Maybe some kind of poker school, strategy articles/videos, some tool to improve poker game.

MPC
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

It's really not about reviews. Each of your pages should be focused on something very specific and should contain strategically placed "call to actions" that are relevent with the content.

Here's some basic info on that topic: People don't read webpages initially, they scan them. Their eyes will usually move to the main navigation menu, then from left to right, top to bottom, and they only glance at header text which should stand out. The exception to this rule is when you have graphical elements that draw attention. What you want to do is combine text and graphics to "draw" the visitor to an area on your page, and there had to be a call to action where you think their eyes will go.

The other aspect, as previously mentioned, is to try and offer a little extra incentive when you can.

The thing with poker reviews is there's nothing special about them. Everyone has reviews. You need to have them in case a visitor does want to know more information about a room. If you're not providing the info, they'll get it from another site. But a lot of people don't want to read reviews. They just want to know you're promoting a trustworthy room and are more interested in promotions. You want to blend that into your content. If you're writting a page about someone who won a car playing online poker, and one of the rooms you're promoting is running a promo where players can win a car, stick that in there as a call to action. Don't just say "play poker at XYZ", say something relevent like "XYZ is giving out 3 BWM's this month! Come play at XYZ and win your own!" or what ever.

What you are asking about is conversion, and there are books written on the subject. There's a lot of different tactics that can be used. I'm assuming you're new to affiliating because of your post count and the nature of your question. Here's a friendly reality check: Affiliating is hard work. It is time consuming, and you won't see a penny for months if you do it right. And if you do it wrong, you won't see a penny until you start doing it right!

This is not easy money. Don't expect that you can just throw up a website, stick some reviews and a couple of banners and make millions. If it were that easy, everyone would be doing it. Most people quit after 6 months.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Thank you very much for your answers (and time). I know it's hard money, and that's why I'm seeking help from people who know how things are going (like you do).

Please let me share my approach:

I intend to attract people searching for a specific website, and present that specific website to them. I mean I will write about:

the free school feature

the promotions (freerolls, bankroll builder, etc.)

the tournaments (STTs, MTTs, etc.)

the sign-up bonus

the customer service

and the "trust symbols".

So do you think I'm on the right track?

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

People seem to worry more about conversions than traffic. In my experience, increasing traffic is the easiest way to drive up your revenue. Yeah, you should pay attention to conversions, but if you get too "salesy", you ruin your opportunity to get the kind of traffic volume that could make you some REAL money in the industry.

MJ
    Armchair Quarterback
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    44 (100%)

^ That's solid advice right there, conversions are one of the things you can tweek based on your traffic, once you get it.
    Buying: sites with traffic/earnings, also premium .coms - PM Me Offers

MPC
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Agreed. You cannot make sales with no traffic. Conversion is just a way of getting the most out of your current traffic, but increasing traffic should be ongoing effort.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Thank you all.

And about increasing traffic, you suggest doing SEO?

And do you think it's effective to write about the topics above, or not?

Thanks.
    Last edited by gennario; 09-08-2009 at 12:54 AM.

MPC
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

SEO is the cost effective way to build traffic for the long run. Regarding the content, sure that works, but your site will need much more than that to stand out. Still, you gotta start with something, so go for it.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Thank you.

And can you tell me more about those books written on this conversion topic? Where could I find such a book?

Thread Information