Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Know of Any more Ways to Monetize Bullion Affiliate Site?

Optimistic nihilist
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    30 (97%)

Bump this old thread. Does anyone know of any other good US facing affiliate programs for gold and silver?

Right now I know of:

1. GovMint - High prices, general ripoff merchants
    2. BullionVault - Awful conversions
    3. JMBullion - Low CPA, no rev share offer
    4. GoldMoney
    5. GoldSilver - are they still available to affiliates?

I was doing well with GoldSilver, but they've terminated the affiliate agreement with me (not sure if this is CJ wide or just me).

Looking for trustworthy sites that offer rev-share only, as CPA for bullion is pretty rubbish, especially when with some other programs my average sales were mid 5 figures, so getting a $20 CPA for this is pretty unattractive.
    Currently looking to buy income earning websites. I have a large budget for the right project. If you have any form of money earning site in gambling, finance or any other related niche, and want to sell, ship me a pm and let's work out a deal.

Also looking for premium domain.

Tom
    PAL Red Pro
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

The reason many programs don't like doing revenue share is because with all the different bullion products the margins can vary widely. So to pay a flat % rate per sale gets very tricky for programs. Not to mention these programs make money solely off the spread between what they buy the product for versus what they sell it for. So if gold is up this week when they make a bigger purchase and then drops next week when buyers flood in, the retailers margins could potentially be very slim even on a large $50K+ orders.

Nonetheless when I was working more in the precious metals market I wanted to offer revenue share, it was just impossible to get it dialed in for affiliates without having to pay different %'s per product, per day. It was easier looking over the long term overall customer value and paying a flat CPA for ever sale. It does suck as an affiliate though when you see a big 5 figure sale roll through and you earn.........$20.

I'm most comfortable dealing with the guys over at JM Bullion right now. Both on the affiliate side and the buying side.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

BullionVault has been good for me in the UK market.

The annoying thing about being a gold bullion affiliate is that the broker's margins tend to decrease the more the buyer spends.

This means I actually earned less % from a big buyer then a small buyer, which is the opposite to gambling affiliation where you generally earn a larger % if you bring a higher volume of players.
    My affiliate blog: Affiliate FYI Twitter: @AffiliateFYI

Need an Infographic? Infographic Designs from $750.

Tin Foil Hatter
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

If you are desperate for more ways to promote, there is always ebay. I wouldn't really recommend it tbh though.

You might consider contacting some other dealers direct. I know Midas Resources advertises on some radio stations like freetalklive... seem to have money to spend on new clients.
    Promote the only Home Based Poker Dealing School on the net via Clickbank with these banners.
    Poker Leaderboard - manage & display points standings easily on your website.

Optimistic nihilist
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    30 (97%)

I've had numerous $XXXX and $XXX commissions with goldsilver.com. The average buy there is pretty big from my experience, though they convert worse than sites like JMB.

The current model for bullion affiliates is awful. One model i saw which i think is a fair one is 25% of the sellers net margin. So if the site sells 100k of gold and they have a 2.5% net margin then then affiliate gets 25% of that.

Even if you rank #1 for buy gold, buy silver and all the other money terms in the bullion market, it's still going to take you a long long time to make any kind of decent money when you're getting a $20 CPA.

I'm actually considering adding Adsense to my sites as I think I could probably make the value of at least 1 CPA a day with my current traffic.
    Currently looking to buy income earning websites. I have a large budget for the right project. If you have any form of money earning site in gambling, finance or any other related niche, and want to sell, ship me a pm and let's work out a deal.

Optimistic nihilist
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    30 (97%)

Luckily goldsilver seems to have been some technical issue where i hadn't accepted updated t+cs, so can now promote them again

Tin Foil Hatter
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

is goldsilver through cj or which network are you using? if a new one, post a sub link.
    Promote the only Home Based Poker Dealing School on the net via Clickbank with these banners.
    Poker Leaderboard - manage & display points standings easily on your website.

Optimistic nihilist
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    30 (97%)

GoldSilver is CJ. They convert low but have very high average sales. I've had numerous 6 figure sales and a ton of mid-high 5 figures too. My lifetime conversion with them is 1/250 clicks or so. I've spoken to a few bullion companies recently and their managers/owners have said that 1/250 is standardish/decent in the niche.
    Spry and faststeady like this.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

As an update, affiliates have been converting at 3.7% with us over the past several weeks. There are many reasons for these improvements, but I would suggest giving our program a shot if you have not already. Hopefully a few here will attest to these changes as it looks like some members have seen improvements as well.

Optimistic nihilist
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    30 (97%)

JMBullion has done well for me this month sales wise 225 clicks - 14 sales. Amazing conversions for bullion niche, though my traffic is better terms now too.

How about implementing some kind of hybrid system? For all sales under X, do standard CPA and for all sales over X do a bigger CPA.

Like if i can get $1500 from a $100k sale from goldsilver but only get $20 from JMBullion, then it makes it very difficult for me to promote JMbullion ahead of GoldSilver. If there was a tiered CPA system such as:

<10k - $20
    10k-50k - $100
    100k+ - $500

(above is random figures as no idea on margins).

Basically what i'm saying is if sending a big buy that the affiliate gets taken care of and not given a $20 CPA. I know looking at figures of past sales of mine on JM, my average sale has been pretty low, but again this is somewhat of an anomaly as i'm averaging mid 5 figure sale son goldsilver.com and bullionvault.com. This may be because JMBullion caters more for small buyers but i would have thought id have seen some big sales in there too.

Anyway, open to ideas from you and Mike.
    Spry likes this.

Thread Information