This is my first post on this forum and i hope you forgive me if I happen to be posting in the wrong forum or violating any rules in any way. I don’t think I will do anything wrong, but I also don’t know how things are done around here.
I have a few questions i would like to ask, but first i want to give a little background.
I worked as a pokeraffiliate back in the days when rakeback was unheard of .
The way I worked back then was by word of mouth and by giving information on how to beat the games in the best possible way, (I was a high stakes pro for many years). It wasn’t a way to build a superbig customerbase, but those who signed up became higher stakes, high volume players: very valuable.
I havnt been in contact with the affiliatebusiness for many years, but I now have a case where I think the affiliate way would be very interesting. Especially when it comes to pokeraffiliates. I would like to hear what you, the affiliatepros, think about it.
Asset management business
Me and my collegues are about to setting up an asset management business through so called “managed accounts”. Managed accounts means that a client creates an account on a brokerage firm and then connect that account to our Master account at the same broker. This means that the clients account will do exactly the same transactions as we do on the master account, but the money will never leave the customer. He or she can cash out anytime and terminate the collaboration.
The businessmodel is just like a normal fund, where we charge a managementfee and a performancefee.
Some rough details about how the affiliateroutine would be conducted:
• We have to close the deal with the customer.
• The affiliate make money maximum 5 years from when the customer deposit. Shorter if the customer withdraws before the 5 years has ended.
• If the affiliate raises $1M and the customer keeps the money is his account for 5 years that would give the affiliate around 40-50k total for the 5 year period.
• Payments to the affiliate will come on a monthly basis.
1. Has anyone experience from working with asset management, and how was that experience?
2. I would guess this is much more an affiliateidea where you talk to your customers personally instead of pushing traffic to a site: Is there anyone working old school like that today?
3. Do you think it would be possible to use an already established customerbase for poker to reach out and work an asset management idea? (Level up the affiliatebusiness on existing customers)
There are so many things I would like to ask all of you experienced poker affiliates, but hopefully we can have a good discussion here and I will get a chance to ask questions along the way.
Thanks for the word!