Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Warning - Bluffroom dont paying affiliates (Mege problems? )

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Default Warning - Bluffroom dont paying affiliates (Mege problems? )

Now Bluffroom have new management and paying perfect .
    Last edited by rookieaff; 05-18-2010 at 11:04 AM.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

They are on the MERGE NETWORK I am not surprised!!!

Seems to be a common trend these days!!

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The fact that they are on the Merge network has nothing to do with it.
    Each skin has its own affiliate department and manager etc
    pokerpeople - the players forum

forex trader

checkraise.com.au
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I just received an affiliate partnership offer from these guys that looks okay. I'm talking to them now. Can anyone confirm that they're above board now with their affiliate payments?

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

I was about to wait till i finished my own internal investigation. But i have a strong suspicion my email address has been either sold to them and gotten unethically via another affiliate program sharing it with them.

I will be posting this for other affiliates on AGD since my security seems to have been breached and my details shared.

I got this email today on 2 email accounts. One email account is a business one i share amongst affiliates, affiliate programs and business clients. The other email is strictly only used for payment details ONLY. I have never given it out to anyone other than using it for a Payment email address to certain Affiliate Programs.

That being said - I can with utmost certainly say some Affiliate program I have dealt with in the past has shared my details with this affiliate program.

That i consider really unethical and disturbing and I seek an official reply from this group and want to know who has given them my payment details email address.

I am in the process of changing it now for security - but i would suggest anyone who dares work with them be careful...

Here's the email

Dear Affiliate,

I received your details from leading affiliate marketers and would like to make you a very interesting offer to cooperate with BluffRoom.com.

Our room is relatively new, but is becoming very successful already amongst all players because of our great customer service though fast emails reply and Live Chat system, our top notch design, functionality and most of all unique promotions on the market.

Bluff Room is on the Merge Gaming Network where we offer over $80,000 daily in Guaranteed tournaments with excellent value and we have a back up payment system for the players where we can guarantee fast cash-outs and that is another reason why players like us.

We have integrated a custom built affiliate software that has the most complete statistics and custom built plans. We offer multi-language/multi-size banners with the most attractive graphics available, which give us a great brand value. We pay affiliates no later than the 5th day of the month.

We are already performing amazingly well for our affiliates due to our special bonuses, rake races, sponsorship and so on..

We are looking only for long term relationships with solid affiliates that we can look after personally and satisfy all their players needs.

Our strategy starts with an excellent conversion rate, and we typically can offer some small no deposit bonuses to SitnGo Step system which enable the players to test the site. This jointly with a special First Deposit Bonus typically on 2 levels, to cater for both small depositors and larger ones, ensures us the best conversion rates on the market. The player is then looked after and explained every promotion and that is why we manage to retain them on Bluff Room for the long term.

If you are interested in a long term cooperation with Bluff Room on similar terms or if you want to discuss other possibilities to work together, please feel free to add me on your Skype account to discuss personally or email me back.

All my details below.

Now I will not post the AMs name cause I do not think its his fault but here was his reply..

Hello,

No, we absolutely did not buy any list, it is unethical to do that.

You have been recommended to us by an affiliate that is cooperating with us, and we checked out your website and we thought that it was a potential for our affiliate program. We are very careful to choose who we can work with.

I am sorry this came out of the blue for you, this was not our intention.

I made a point to inform him the only reason i give this email address out was only for payment details to affiliate programs.

He then replied,

I agree,

And you are completely right about this. We were unaware of this so, we will question the integrity of the source.

Our most sincere apologies

So please everyone be so very careful from this group. As the emails they are sending out is from another shady source who is possibly selling or unethically distributing not only our business contact details but also our PAYMENT EMAILS associated with Money Bookers and other various payment methods.

I am still waiting for the source!!!

Steve

checkraise.com.au
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Got the same email Steve.

I did wonder at the time which "affilliate marketer" would have passed on the details. I assumed it was probably just an individual who had farmed and was selling affiliate site owner emails (because my email that I got came to a site admin address which is readily available).

It's a bit of a worry if yours got sent to an email which is only used for affiliate payments.

Fabulous Beyond Compare
    Learning to take life 1 moment
    at a time.

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

I got a few mass emails last month that included the email addy's of a few hundred affiliates..

They didn't use the bcc line, so all mails were visible.

Heck, I even replied to everyone one one, poked a little fun at the originator and offered a content deal :O.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by checkraise View Post
    Got the same email Steve.

I did wonder at the time which "affilliate marketer" would have passed on the details. I assumed it was probably just an individual who had farmed and was selling affiliate site owner emails (because my email that I got came to a site admin address which is readily available).

It's a bit of a worry if yours got sent to an email which is only used for affiliate payments.

Yeah it was weird cause he said a few were passed on by an affiliate. I never ever heard of an affiliate doing this. I knew it was a lie after i questioned him but did not care to much since hes just trying to do his job. Hes being told what to do so to speak....

But after thinking on it - I know for a fact it was given from an affiliate program i previously signed with. Like i said i do not ever give that email address out freely.

Its not particularly safe in this industry to have all your personal details shared across the board and highly unethical both the seller(sharer) and the buyer(user of the list) - if that is what happened.

Steve

PAL Affiliate Manager
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

I've had cases where affiliates have sent a massive group email to all programs requesting massive CPAs etc as well. Always someone will send a reply all with some comment

We also get emails regularly offering to buy affiliate lists.. I am sure they are generally AMs leaving companies trying to make a few bucks.

I could never see the logic in buying this.... (not saying this group has BTW, just a general comment)

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    I've had cases where affiliates have sent a massive group email to all programs requesting massive CPAs etc as well. Always someone will send a reply all with some comment

We also get emails regularly offering to buy affiliate lists.. I am sure they are generally AMs leaving companies trying to make a few bucks.

I could never see the logic in buying this.... (not saying this group has BTW, just a general comment)
    Yeah it does make sense. Its very possible...

I am not sure why he would of even mentioned I was referred by an affiliate marketer to be honest. It just rang alarm bells...

Still even if it was an AM leaving another company - its not particularly ethical at any rate.

I don't go around selling player lists - so i do not think affiliate managers should go around selling affiliate lists..

If they need to make a few bucks - let them go behind a train station and be Johns!! LOL - thats what they do (Johns) in Amsterdam from what my partner tells me. They make good cash!! Toothless and all.

Thread Information