Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Question about PAL signatures

Optimistic nihilist
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    30 (97%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bauss View Post

I plan on being a active member in this community, and contributing a few quality posts everyday, but only if I can include a signature link to my forum.
    How about becoming an active member without needing some useless spam in your signature? Why exactly do you want the link? How do you believe it will benefit you?

People here welcome new members with open arms as it makes it a better community to have more active affiliates here. However, coming in with the cut throat attitude of only posting if you're given a link is not the way to do business.

Come here to add value, ask questions, share in discussions, share knowledge, help others, get helped etc etc. Noone's going to begrudge you a signature link, but there's a right way and a wrong way of going about doing things....
    Currently looking to buy income earning websites. I have a large budget for the right project. If you have any form of money earning site in gambling, finance or any other related niche, and want to sell, ship me a pm and let's work out a deal.

Also looking for premium domain.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by leporello View Post
    How about becoming an active member without needing some useless spam in your signature? Why exactly do you want the link? How do you believe it will benefit you?

People here welcome new members with open arms as it makes it a better community to have more active affiliates here. However, coming in with the cut throat attitude of only posting if you're given a link is not the way to do business.

Come here to add value, ask questions, share in discussions, share knowledge, help others, get helped etc etc. Noone's going to begrudge you a signature link, but there's a right way and a wrong way of going about doing things....
    Read my posts I believe I AM adding value to the forum, so why are you attacking me?

I think the link will benefit me, and help me rank higher in search engines for me keywords. It'll also bring some traffic from PAL members.

That's how I join every forum. I'm not a member of a single forum where I cannot include a signature link. But I don't spam whenever I'm on a forum. I join to be apart of a community, and I need something on a forum that'll benefit me to stay active like signature links. My time is valuable to me.

Tin Foil Hatter
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I think the point is that if you become an active member here you will benefit much more in ways other than your signature link. This forum is a big part of many affiliates success today, mine included. With our without signature links.

Regardless, welcome to the forum and best of luck in your endeavors.
    Promote the only Home Based Poker Dealing School on the net via Clickbank with these banners.
    Poker Leaderboard - manage & display points standings easily on your website.

Optimistic nihilist
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    30 (97%)

Well first off my post was not meant as an attack, so i think you've misconstrued what i was saying. I was simply pointing out what Spry above has emphasised.

The thing is, from what i've read in your posts, you are saying that if you were not allowed to have a signature link here, then you probably wouldn't post. Is that right? If so then i think you've come to PAL for the wrong reasons, as it can be used for alot better purposes than a cheap link.

I'm not sure how up to date you are with SEO, but signature links are widely viewed as low quality links that can actually do more harm than they do good. People coming over from PAL while not necessarily a bad thing, isn't really adding anything to your site either. No traffic is bad traffic, but the kind of traffic you're going to get from PAL is probably not as good as you could get from other sources if your only goal is traffic generation. As for your keywords and keyword rankings, take a note now of your rankings, post another week or so and see if they've improved. At least then you will have some sort of correlation between signature links and an improvement in rankings. There are lots of ways to get links and so many resources on it that I wouldn't know where to being with giving you advice.

Personally speaking the way I see link building now, things I would see as links i wont bother with are:

Blog comments
    Forum sigs
    Article directories
    SEO friendly directories
    Reciprocal links on link pages
    Other forms of links that are incredibly easy to obtain and reproduce

The above are like old school SEO, while once they worked great, SEO and the various SE algorithms have advanced and are starting to look at the above and say, hey are the above links editorially given? Are they put there because they're linking to a great resource or because they're adding value? If I wanted a link from that site, how easy would it be for me to get one?

For me the easier a link is to get, the less attractive it becomes (a few small caveats to that) and I think search engines are becoming smart enough to understand those things as well. Don't get me wrong, I once ranked for some awesome keywords with nothing but forum profile links from high PR websites (not sig links but profile pages). Those were good times, but times change, and so the best advice I can give you if you're really interested in doing SEO the right way is to seek out great links, not low quality, average ones, but great ones that your competitors cant get. A few great links can be worth the same amount as hundreds of even thousands of low quality ones.

Anywya whatever you do, best of luck with it!
    MrDeposit likes this.
    Currently looking to buy income earning websites. I have a large budget for the right project. If you have any form of money earning site in gambling, finance or any other related niche, and want to sell, ship me a pm and let's work out a deal.

Also looking for premium domain.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

@leporello Every link helps. Especially since I'm getting links on a poker forum for my poker forum. I've been doing link building for a few months, and it has helped me. So these so called "old school" methods still do work. Signature links still do help you rank, and it's not so easy to get "high quality" links without paying for them when your just starting out in this niche. You have to take what you can get, and work your way up. Poker is a extremely competitive niche, you should know that.

Just because I said I want a link on this forum. I'm getting all these negative comments, it's a little ridiculous. Especially since most members on these forums have signature links to their sites themselves.

I'm trying to contribute to PAL, and not just be a member that is here for advertising, because I think there is a lot of useful information I can learn from that will hopefully help me make more money with my affiliate site/forum.

@Spry I'm glad this forum has helped you with your success, but I'm sure a signature link has helped as well. Even if it only helps you get a few visitors a month, it's still something.

I wish all of you good luck with your affiliate sites, and hopefully we can move past these signature link comments now, because your not going to change my opinion about them. I've been shadowing another forum owner, and I'm doing what he did to make his forum successful, and these methods continue to work for him, and they're starting to work for me as well.

*Formerly known as kushmoney*

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bauss View Post
    Just because I said I want a link on this forum. I'm getting all these negative comments, it's a little ridiculous. Especially since most members on these forums have signature links to their sites themselves.

This forum is a small community of affiliates serious about their business. We see want be affiliates, spammers, and scammers come and go. So when we see someone come here and the first thing their worried about is a signature link. The first thing comes to mind is "here's another spammer". I'm sure you can understand that.

I'm glad this forum has helped you with your success, but I'm sure a signature link has helped as well. Even if it only helps you get a few visitors a month, it's still something.

This forum helps people be successful with their websites, a signature link doesn't help with us being successful. You really posting for a signature for little to no seo help and a few visitors per month from other affiliates? Ask yourself, will affiliates sign up to my forum, post, or signup to a poker room through my links? The answer is no.

I wish all of you good luck with your affiliate sites, and hopefully we can move past these signature link comments now, because your not going to change my opinion about them. I've been shadowing another forum owner, and I'm doing what he did to make his forum successful, and these methods continue to work for him, and they're starting to work for me as well.

Thanks for the luck, good luck with your poker forum. I really hope it works out for you. Also, do try to learn something from PAL members. It could mean the difference of wasting months to make very little or making a lot of money. Also, you already blew off some really great seo advice. You might want to read the advice again. Now lets move past your semi-spam thoughts and focus on making money from our websites.
    My thoughts are in bold.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

@MrDeposit I actually do think some affiliates will sign up and post, because I'm sure they're affiliates out there that are poker players as well. How else would they've got into becoming a poker affiliate? There is a incentive for them to post too if they're interested in getting a signature link on my forum.

I mostly want my signature links to help me get a boost in ranking which I believe they will if I contribute a lot of posts to this forum, so PAL members signing up ain't really my concern, even though it's appreciated if they do.

I agree that high quality links are more important, but I like to take advantage of both high quality and low quality links. My goal is to spread the word about my site as much as I can. I appreciate the SEO advice though, and I didn't ignore it. I just responded with my opinion on the advice he offered.

I understand you get a lot of spammers, but it doesn't mean you should label me as one, just because I'm brutally honest and say the reason why I am here in the first post of this thread. Ask any other forum admin why they join forums, and they'll tell you the same thing.

My posts on here are decent quality as I'm putting time and effort into creating these posts, and this adds value to the community, because my posts are creating more discussions. I'm trying to be a good member of this forum, and any other forum that I join.

I don't like spam posts on my forum, so I won't spam on other forums either.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I got a boost in rankings when I removed my money sites from forum sigs fwiw.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by zuutroy View Post
    I got a boost in rankings when I removed my money sites from forum sigs fwiw.
    Proof?

I'm going to experiment a little while longer, and if my rankings keep improving then I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing.

NOT A Moderator
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Last I had heard, forum sig links (because they're on multiple internal pages) devalue link authority in the search algos. I might be wrong, but I'm absolutely positive I read that somewhere.

Same goes for site-wide links. You want quality links which are organic. So things like the odd credit from a news site, or being mentioned as the subject in a specific post I imagine are what'll get you better juice.
    Host your sites with a reliable webhost!
    Get quality safe and secure hosting from Garner Hosting.
    Looking for a jack of all trades? Content, coding, templates, mini sites and more.
    Check out Gydian's Affiliate Services thread today! CLICK HERE

Thread Information