Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree21Likes
  • 4 Post By Michael Martinez
  • 1 Post By Planet Mark
  • 2 Post By AceHigh Pino
  • 10 Post By leporello
  • 2 Post By Michael Martinez
  • 2 Post By Shay

Thread: Reduce the marketplace minimum posts requirement

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Default Reduce the marketplace minimum posts requirement

Greetings,

I'm simply trying to list two poker websites for sale. I have a reputable account over at CPA but have been gone for awhile. But I have to force 30 lame/fake posts all over the forum just so I can post links to the sites I want to sell? Why not reduce this to 5 or 10 to prevent this?

Kind regards

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by back in 52' View Post
    Greetings,

I'm simply trying to list two poker websites for sale. I have a reputable account over at CPA but have been gone for awhile. But I have to force 30 lame/fake posts all over the forum just so I can post links to the sites I want to sell? Why not reduce this to 5 or 10 to prevent this?

Kind regards
    The idea is to encourage people to come be a part of the community and not just try to hawk stuff.
    Free advice and opinions are provided without any warranties or guarantees. I cannot do anything about the facts.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Not a bad idea... that strict post requirement was from the days before the community side died off.

Now its more of a marketplace, the logic of the rule reads that you have to post x in the marketplace before you can post in the marketplace - which sounds like catch-22.
    Prop likes this.

Giving players too much credit

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    52 (100%)

Now I understand why you have gone on a posting rampage.

Being required to contribute and establish credibility seems reasonable when you want to sell something on a "free" marketplace.

This is even more true for money exchanges.

Steady Hustlin' Since '83
    It's better to die on your
    feet than to live on your
    knees...

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pokeraussie View Post
    Now I understand why you have gone on a posting rampage.

Being required to contribute and establish credibility seems reasonable when you want to sell something on a "free" marketplace.

This is even more true for money exchanges.
    The post rampage seems all the more lame considering the domains that he finally listed in the marketplace turned out to be an extreme letdown

Good luck with the sale regardless OP.
    Randy Ray and Shay like this.

Optimistic nihilist
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    30 (97%)

Sick level TJ, obv trying to lock up that TexasHoldemClub.info for yourself.
    Currently looking to buy income earning websites. I have a large budget for the right project. If you have any form of money earning site in gambling, finance or any other related niche, and want to sell, ship me a pm and let's work out a deal.

Also looking for premium domain.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

So his post here strikes me as a red flag.

Both of them don't work. I made the mistake of linking my sites together and Google figured it out. You would need to put each one on a different IP address and that may work, but it's much more expensive. Avoid the link network or "domain farm" at any expense, it's not worth it in the long-run.
    Now, I don't like involving myself in the marketplace discussions. You guys have been around the racetrack a few times and some of you could probably show me a thing or two about evaluating domains.

Still, I would want to know in advance that I was buying a previously penalized domain name. If I thought the name had value I might still take it because you can replace the content, disavow the links, and if necessary file a manual reconsideration request.

I think the 30 post minimum requirement is a good idea because, frankly, when you buy stuff from random strangers on the Internet you are handing them your family jewels and asking them to keep everything safe while you go get drunk.
    Randy Ray and Shay like this.
    Free advice and opinions are provided without any warranties or guarantees. I cannot do anything about the facts.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I think if the post minimum is dropped, a certain unnamed member would go nuts greeting and "meeting the acquaintance" of his fellow countrymen calling themselves "Steve" or "Joe" in the marketplace.
    Randy Ray and MrDeposit like this.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Hey guys,

We have lowered the posting requirement in the marketplace from 30 to 15, to hopefully address concerns from both sides. Thanks to everyone for their comments.

Craig

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

I think the real problem is that this forum and its members are not so active as they used to be, hence getting to 30-50+ posts will take ages, unless you go on post rampage like that lame guy, but I guess his only reason was that he is in a hurry to sell, while getting the posts needed would have taken him several months to achive the number

Thread Information