• 1 Post By Sebastian
  • 1 Post By split

Thread: Where to start?

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Default Where to start?

Hi ive played poker for years and am looking at getting into the rakeback game. i see that there are several softwares around like pas and others but dont really know what im looking for to decide the best approach. im sure such things have been discussed before. can someone pls give me a link or point me in the direction as to where i can find some n00b guidelines. thanks all

Old Timer
    Artist Formerly Known as
    "Ridge"

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Is there a podast on that?
    Looking for help with your Affiliate site? Hit me up at Poker Affiliate.org http://www.pokeraffiliate.org/

Old Timer
    Artist Formerly Known as
    "Ridge"

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

opps wrong thread
    Looking for help with your Affiliate site? Hit me up at Poker Affiliate.org http://www.pokeraffiliate.org/

ความลับไม่มีในโลก
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    48 (100%)

Davis, rakeback is a very tough market and a lot of sites are moving away from it. Full Tilt pays only a 3% overide and there are fees on top of that, it will be tough to make much money from that.

You have to go down the list aways to start finding companies offering rakeback and then what you end up with is a lot of smaller sites that the retention is less etc. Imo you'd stand a better chance creating a general poker affiliate site with good information and then maybe having rakeback be one single page of that site as opposed to a main theme.

If doing a theme outside of rakeback.. find a domain with keywords in it that is .com, .net or .org. Can use https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeti...AS#search.none as a guide. on the left be sure to change to "broad". Also the US is not a good market, so check the local search volume in canada, uk, australia to see there is search volume there.

Also imo you are far better off saving some cash and grabbing an exact match domain on the aftermarket but if not then use a domain that is in .com and has your keyword. So for example if your keyword is poker bankroll then pokerbankrollgenie.com or something like that.

From there forget all the complex me too stuff everyone else does. In fact until your first page is written and online stay off forums all together. Everything you need to know to make it can be found in this article right here: How to Build Websites that Make Long Term Money

Very easy anyone can do it so long as you put in the hard work, serious follow that advice and success is near imminent.

Good luck
    Betting Sports in the US? 5Dimes has Best Odds (US Players Accepted) - Live elsewhere? PinnacleSports Offers the Best Odds (No US Players)

Internet Website Manager
    Sebby!!!

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Sick article Jim, just wow - You've got it all together.
    Randy Ray likes this.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

hi,
    very good article, i just have the same question.
    now i have the answer.

thanks
    Randy Ray likes this.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Davis View Post
    Hi ive played poker for years and am looking at getting into the rakeback game. i see that there are several softwares around like pas and others but dont really know what im looking for to decide the best approach. im sure such things have been discussed before. can someone pls give me a link or point me in the direction as to where i can find some n00b guidelines. thanks all
    Hey Davis,

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about rakeback, PAS or anything else. We may be more known for rakeback but we also specialize in CPA and revenue-share deals as well. We'd be glad to help in any way we can.

Best wishes,
    Gonzo

Thread Information