• Login:
+ Reply to Thread
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score

Question Editing Rakebackengine site

I signed up with RBE recently. They built me a RB site that I'm supposed to be able to edit and add content and photos to, however I have found it almost imposible to do anything with the site except add basic text. They provide no instructions on how to use the editor. Has anyone else had issues like this with RBE sites?

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

hi bluegarage.

we have support around the clock and would most happy to help you get the site fixed up. what seems to be the issue?

tim
    Rakeback Engine providing poker rakeback software websites
    Poker Clock HTML5 web based poker clock
    Fundoo Poker indian poker portal
    Rakeback4me rakeback deals

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score

The issue is not support. Support has offered to put everything up for me if I send it to them. Thats not what I was expecting. I was expecting to be able to be a bit creative with the site. Yea, I could diagram out how I want the material put in but frankly I'm not quite sure yet.

You did not answer the posted question, is anyone else having these issues?

The prob could be me. I have not had much experience editing web sites. If I'm the only one having these problems them obviously I'm the prob. A written resource on how to use the editor would be nice.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Hi Joe

the reason why we dont allow anything to be uploaded to our servers is that it can not be controlled and malware for example maybe uploaded.

however if you look at the news article module - you will see that you can indeed drag and drop images from your hard drive into the droppable area and this will copy the image file (.jpg/.gif/.png) file to our server. we're currently testing this and want to make sure it works 100% before deploying it all all content pages.

as a short term work around, you can indeed send any pictures to our support, they'll upload them, and then you move them around your site at will.

at present, no-one else has reported any such issues with our new front end editing capability. maybe because most people dont upload pictures, but i'm not sure.

the editor is simple to use - click edit in the top tool bar, and then you can type away in the content area at will. then simply press save and all changes are done onsite through the front end.

you can also open up the RTE (rich text editor) popup if you want to control the html if you prefer.

it would be great if you could setup skype, then we can walk you through the exact process and help you when ever you need!

cheers
    tim
    Rakeback Engine providing poker rakeback software websites
    Poker Clock HTML5 web based poker clock
    Fundoo Poker indian poker portal
    Rakeback4me rakeback deals

Thread Information