Old Timer
    Artist Formerly Known as
    "Ridge"

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Ok with all the PM's and IM's - It looks like I need to provide a complete explanation on what has happened and why. I'm sick about how this has all worked out, but it was beyond my control. The software is ours, but we never handled money, cashouts, etc.

So, give me a bit and I'll post the whole mess. I am sorry to everyone who started working with EAS, we put everything we had into it, and when it came clear there were major issues we decided we had to part ways.

Give me a bit and Ill provide the whole story. I have a lot of responsibility in all this, so don't think I'm trying to put all the blame on them. Eric never wanted to work with RU, but I talked him into it. Also a lot of new subs joined us because they knew me. If I had known then what I know now, I never would have allowed that.
    Last edited by Randy L; 08-09-2011 at 07:04 PM.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

So EAS is dead now?

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Hey everyone! Randy has been told not to talk to anyone, but that does not apply to me. I did the support on the EAS system for free. I was trying to help because Randy and Eric were drowning with work as there was no one else to help. As everyone knows the poker affiliate market took a huge hit on Black Friday. Following Black Friday AP/UB and Full Tilt were not able to meet their accounts payable so that was another huge problem for affiliates and players. Without Black Friday, I am positive that the EAS agreement with Rake Update would have gone without a hitch, but this is not the case.

EAS (Randy and Eric) had a lease agreement with Rake Update for them to use the software. The software was Randy's idea and Eric built the software. They were not paid by Rake Update to build the software. It was and is owned by Randy and Eric. Rake Update was unable to meet the contract agreements so it was decided to end the contract because the new terms that were put in place were unacceptable. This is an unfortunate situation for us (Randy, Eric, and I) as well as for Rake Update. Rake Update was given options to continue with the software, but they chose not to continue.

We are aware of the rumors that are flying around, but the simple truth is that we had a contract that was broken and we decided not to continue with the partnership. Since launching the software all of our time has been consumed with the software with no outside help (no help at all from Rake Update). There was a lot of confusion within the Rake Update company because the CEO did not understand how the poker affiliate world worked nor did the CEO understand how the software worked. The adventure was not profitable enough for us to spend all of our time working on just the software. Once the contract terms were abruptly changed there was no way that we could afford to continue.

I am very sorry that things have turned out the way that they have, and I know that Randy is sorry too. We were left with very few options. We offered to allow Rake Update to continue leasing the software at a discounted price compared to the original contract, but our services including player/affiliate support would no longer be included in the lease. They did not want to do this. We had no choice but to walk away. We have 6 teenagers and we have to have a steady source of income.

I wish Rake Update the best of luck and hope everything works out great for them. Again, both Randy and I are sorry for this very unfortunate situation. We had discussed launching the software ourselves in the beginning, and in hindsight this is what we should have done.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Self Made View Post
    So EAS is dead now?
    At this time we are not doing anything with the EAS Software.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

randy / ranna - thanks for the update. i'll try and continue to contact daniel and the ceo of rakeupdate. from other people i've spoken to, i can confirm the post by ranna is spot on, and similarly we wouldn't continue to provide software to a company, if they couldn't pay their bills.

tim
    Rakeback Engine providing poker rakeback software websites
    Poker Clock HTML5 web based poker clock
    Fundoo Poker indian poker portal
    Rakeback4me rakeback deals

PAL Red Pro
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I can also confirm that when I spoke to Randy a week ago he was weighing his options and wanted to give the RU guys outs that would allow a much smoother transition. At the end of the day though when you're not being paid, you need to make tough decisions. If you lease a car and don't make the payments, your car gets taken. If you lease office space and don't pay the rent, the locks get changed and you get booted out. Rent server space and don't make the payment, your websites all go down.

Lease a much better a needed affiliate backend and don't pay the lease, well, in this case you lose the right to use the software.

Tim
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Self Made View Post
    I thought EAS was a rebranding of RU/RR.
    As did I.

Here is a reply I got from RU this morning:

Thank you for taking the time to contact support regarding the status of RakeUpdate.com.

Please, do not worry about your RakeUpdate account balance or access to your account.

Your player data has not been lost and is currently being tracked by the Poker rooms in which you play.

Your RakeUpdate account balance has not and will not be touched.

When the new RakeUpdate/RakeReduction software is in place and secure, your access to your RakeUpdate account will be restored with stats updated and balance in tact.

Since opening RakeUpdate.com RakeReduction.com in 2005, we have made our players a priority. As a policy, RakeReduction/RakeUpdate will NEVER touch the players balance. For the past 6 years, the RakeUpdate team has processed all cashouts due and requested by a player.
    Our dedication and responsibility to players will continue to be our priority.

- Why the RakeUpdate.com is currently down?

The current situation of RakeUpdate.com is due to Randy Layman, Owner and Marketing Director of Elite Affiliate Software (EAS) abruptly ending the use of their (EAS) software and without any professional notice.

Normally, software companies give their clients a 30 to 60 day termination notice. That would have been the more professional manner to which Mr. Layman could have conducted and represented his company before ending service.

RakeUpdate was given 0 days notice to prepare for the termination of service. As such, we were not given time to prepare for a data migration to new software.

However, we are actively working on establishing a software solution for RakeUpdate/RakeReduction and will be updating you with new developments as they become available.

- Why can't you access your account?

On Thursday, August 4, 2011, Randy Layman, Owner and Marketing Director of Elite Affiliate Software (EAS) cut off access to the software system our players used to access their accounts on RakeUpdate.com and RakeReduction.com.

- Why can't you request a cashout?

The Elite Affiliate Software (EAS) package was the RakeUpdate/RakeReduction user interface system in which players and RakeUpdate staff could access their stats, process support tickets, cashouts and executed daily, weekly and monthly events.

However, as soon as the new software system is in place things will return to a normal operational environment. At that point we will be processing all cashouts, updating stats regularly and offering new room deals.

I hope that helps you understand the software situation we are experiencing at this time. If you need more information or have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support team at support@rakeupdate.com.

Thank you for your continued patience.
    We value your trust in our company and service.

Sincerely,

Darby
    Support Staff
    Rake Update
    Rake Reduction

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I can confirm everything randy and ranna is saying, fwiw. Not many of you know me at all so I don't expect that to carry a lot of weight, but it's the truth.

I really hate drama so I'm just going to leave it at that, I'm annoyed with the whole situation but I see no need to make it worse.

*edit*: this is Eric btw, I designed and built the software, for those that don't know.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

"The current situation of RakeUpdate.com is due to Randy Layman, Owner and Marketing Director of Elite Affiliate Software (EAS) abruptly ending the use of their (EAS) software and without any professional notice."

This is absolutely untrue. I guess this is why Randy was given orders not to speak with any of the subs so that his name could freely be thrown around without him being able to defend it. The only thing that has been stopped is the services that we provided for the software which included the free support from me.

The software has been fully accessible by Rake Update. We did not take the information from them.We have asked them to let us know how much time they would need and what they would need from us to get this transfer completed. We have received no response besides a list of demands that we will not adhere to.

This is not my deal really, but I hate to see my husband's name repeatedly used. We have been overly nice throughout this process. We have not thrown any names around and will not. We have hundreds of players on the Rake Update system that we will never see another dime from. We will live without the money from these players, but I will not stand by idly while lies are being thrown around. This is a very unprofessional and a very personal attack.

Eric, Randy, and I have worked night and day with very little sleep trying to make sure this system ran smoothly. It has been a very sad decision to have to terminate the agreement because to Randy, Eric and even to me the software was like our baby. We were so excited to see it be put into action and work the way we anticipated it would. As I stated earlier, we could not continue with the agreement because the contract was broken.

PAL Red Pro
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Talk about unprofessional, I think it's a bit unprofessional on RU's part to send out that email basically laying the blame on the software developers of their system. Business is business, and calling out individuals to an entire database to cover your own ass when you're not paying is pretty shady IMHO. The reality is that the whole thing would be a pretty easy fix had they simply honored the agreement and paid the developers what was agreed upon from the beginning.

I've been fuc**** over every which way you can imagine here on PAL and my other businesses. Yet I have never publicly or by email called out someone I did business with in that sense. That's just bad business IMHO.

The best thing is that you guys developed and still own a killer affiliate network platform. Hopefully you can use this for future projects perhaps in gaming and outside of gaming.

Thread Information