Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Eating an apple from inside.

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Default What about RakeTheRake affiliate program?

I've been thinking about entering the rakeback market for quite some time but I'm not sure if I want a full site dedicated to rakeback. I was thinking about adding an article to my site aimed at experienced players, explaining how rakeback could be more profitable for them. But in the same time I would insist that beginners should use regular sign up bonuses found on my site instead as rakeback is not always the best solution for beginners.

So I noticed that RakeTheRake.com has an affiliate program and I thought that maybe I could promote their site (or if you know better sites, hint me) just on this page without the hassle of having to set up a new branch to my site with all the individual pages for each room rakeback deals, signup pages, etc.

So what do you think? Has anyone tried this out? I'm a newbie when it comes to rakeback promotion so don't be too harsh if that's a bad idea.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I think it will be difficult for you to give good reasons as to why anybody should sign up without rakeback. You usually get rakeback + sign up bonus, unless you really don't want to spend 10 minutes creating an account at the rakeback site. Allthough there are a lot of sites that don't offer rakeback, and you could argue that some players may be better off at fx. Party Poker because of the soft games (I disagree, but that is just my opinion).
    My blog www.unknownwebmaster.com | New posts on Poker affiliate blogs | Webmaster tools I use every day.

MJ
    Armchair Quarterback
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    44 (100%)

RakeTheRake affiliate program is low paying compared to having your own landing page as a sub affiliate, plus - I've heard from reliable folks there is some player tracking issues when following their affiliate links, but I've no personal experience.
    Domains I am selling at bargain prices: http://www.pokeraffiliatelistings.co...tml#post178840

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Deleted by: Randy
    Last edited by Ridge; 03-19-2009 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Very Close to SPAM

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

be nice if every time someone asked for advice they got advice and not solicitations.

I like beach balls

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
    be nice if every time someone asked for advice they got advice and not solicitations.
    Agreed.
    Graeme aka Dealer Dan
    Gambling Affiliate Bible

Eating an apple from inside.

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Thanks for the advice guys. So I guess the best thing to do would be to create an entirely new website or maybe a subdomain which would not be directly linked from the main site with regular poker room sign up material. PAS and RakeUpdate look fantastic for doing that.

Damn, sometimes I wish days were longer so I could have more time to work/sleep/have sex/party.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Whether you go with us, Pas or someone else the biggest challenge that we see with sub affiliate is how are you going to get the sign ups. I think having a solid plan on WHERE you will get the traffic is more important than what software you use. A lot of times you get the same features and sometimes even the same %s, but if you cannot bring in the players, it is a moot point.

Find a niche, that's my advise

MJ
    Armchair Quarterback
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    44 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RakeReduction View Post
    Whether you go with us, Pas or someone else the biggest challenge that we see with sub affiliate is how are you going to get the sign ups. I think having a solid plan on WHERE you will get the traffic is more important than what software you use. A lot of times you get the same features and sometimes even the same %s, but if you cannot bring in the players, it is a moot point.

Find a niche, that's my advise
    Solid advice here.

Rakeback search engine results for the most part are not worth chasing, as literally 1,000 other sites out there are trying to do just that and some of them have been up and ranking (and buying links) for years.

Sure, on smaller sites it might be worth pursuing - but the player value tends to be very low on smaller sites, and rakeback affiliates make squadoosh on bonus whores jumping around skins.

To me, and I think I've said it before - the expanding market is in exposing new poker players to rakeback at their first signup.

The approach can be a million different ways to get traffic, regardless of how you get it - but the signups will come if you can drive traffic to the offers.

New players especially are the best chance new rakeback affiliates have I think (and my best chance as well) because a small percentage of them will indeed turn into long term earners.

In the future, its going to take a lot of players and a lot of volume to be your top earner - but the great news is probably over 80% of the market is players without a current rakeback deal, the fun will be watching and seeing how various people approach exposing it to new players.
    Domains I am selling at bargain prices: http://www.pokeraffiliatelistings.co...tml#post178840

The Crew
    Learning to Enjoy Life

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JamesLomas View Post
    Even for sub-affiliates/referrers without their own site, I offer profit share percentages starting at 40%, which is a lot more than RTR. I could also set you up with an 'instant' rakeback site which you could customize as you wish, with percentages starting at 50% profit share.
    James, if you would like to have a thread offering your services, please contact me or Jeremy and we can discuss it. Otherwise, please do not solicit clients unless they are asking for offers. We need to keep threads on topic..

Thanks

Thread Information