Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: How to code a rakeback system?

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Why not scrape the rb provider? Why does this have to be done the absolutely hardest way possible? You've already admitted that there are better uses of your time, so why are you wasting more time bothering with this? What value is this really going to add that is going to make some say "Hey, I really want to sign up under Bauss because he has blah blah blah on his forum, even though I can get that at a hundred other places (just displayed differently).". You've asked for advice on the best way to do this and some of the most prominent members have said "DON'T DO IT". Simply put, what more advice do you need? No one thinks its a good idea.
    lol because I'm a programmer, and I like to challenge myself. Is that not a good enough reason?

I never asked if anyone thought it was a good idea, I just asked how to do it. Thanks for the advice though.

PAL Affiliate Manager
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Every room backend is different, so u need s different parser for each room. U need ability to capture players usernames on signup and ensure they are registered and tracked correctly. Need to make sure bonuses are treated correctly, if paid out by the room, is it deducted from rake owed. Also how will you pay players, rake back on demand, or rooms pay them? Need to have audit flags in place, in case a parser stops working or figures out if your figures are not matching the backend.some rooms you'll get daily csv/xls file to parse, whereas some with have XML feed and some will simply show stats in backend. But then those showing stats in a backend might be coded in p v aspx so need different parser to do them as well

Best of luck

Tim
    Muchos Poker: your central cashier for 9 poker networks!

www.muchospoker.com
    www.muchospartners.com

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by muchospoker View Post
    Every room backend is different, so u need s different parser for each room. U need ability to capture players usernames on signup and ensure they are registered and tracked correctly. Need to make sure bonuses are treated correctly, if paid out by the room, is it deducted from rake owed. Also how will you pay players, rake back on demand, or rooms pay them? Need to have audit flags in place, in case a parser stops working or figures out if your figures are not matching the backend.some rooms you'll get daily csv/xls file to parse, whereas some with have XML feed and some will simply show stats in backend. But then those showing stats in a backend might be coded in p v aspx so need different parser to do them as well

Best of luck

Tim
    Thanks for the information, and it doesn't sound like it'll be that hard to code once I get the CSV or XML feeds. I'm hoping that I'll be able to automate the process though, so I won't have to manually upload the feeds daily to my site.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

double post - please delete!

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

kind of useful information, i was interested in this question either. thanks

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Looks like it didn't work out. The forum in question appears to be for sale and/or redirecting to other small pages full of links to other websites and very little content.

----
    Mackan's latina maid

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    yeahfree2 likes this.

Thread Information