Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: How to code a rakeback system?

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Default How to code a rakeback system?

I already have rakeback offers, so please don't offer me any as we're already partnered up with a site that gave us the top rakeback deals, and good commission. I've decided not to use their script, because I want to create the script on my own, but I'm wondering how can I create a page where my users can track their rakeback at the poker sites they sign up too through us? I'm a PHP programmer, but I don't know where to begin.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I don't think that this is worth the hassle.

But in the end you just need access to all the player data and then you have to display it on your website. So I would first check with the site you have partnered with what kind of data access they can provide you.
    "The harder I work, the luckier I get."

I like beach balls

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

It's a LOT of work and you will find a lot of inconsistencies in each room. What works for one room won't work for another etc. Some you can scrape the data feeds, others you need to rely on them e-mailing the report to you each day etc. Plus many rooms these days allow the players to check themselves, either via inside the client or the website.

Just tell people to e-mail you if they want a stat update and focus on something with a positive ROI instead.
    Shay and Bauss like this.
    Graeme aka Dealer Dan
    Gambling Affiliate Bible

PAL Affiliate Manager
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

It's hard work and needs constant updating and strict auditing processing in place. I wouldn't recommend building from scratch
    Muchos Poker: your central cashier for 9 poker networks!

www.muchospoker.com
    www.muchospartners.com

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

I'm stubborn. I won't stop myself from working on something because it's "hard". I'll never take the lazy way out.

Thank you, Dealerdan. Should I email all the poker sites individually to get the data feeds?

I like beach balls

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Really - don't do it. No offense intended here. This isn't the hard way - it's the stupid way. You're wasting your time on something that would be better served on other things. This is a huge undertaking.

If you must do it - then contact the poker rooms, tell them what you want to do and ask how they handle it with other affiliates. Then go from there.

But really - this is a complete waste of your time that would be better served on other work.
    Student and Shay like this.
    Graeme aka Dealer Dan
    Gambling Affiliate Bible

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by DealerDan View Post
    But really - this is a complete waste of your time that would be better served on other work.
    I don't think it would be a waste of time. I have vision for my site, and part of that vision is where my players can manage and track their poker bonuses on my site(not only rakeback).

It's a ton of work, yes. But I could always hire a team to help lighten the workload, if it's too much for me to handle.

I agree that I should focus on other features on my site in the meantime, but I will get back to coding the rakeback system once my site is more complete with all the features I want to include.

----
    Mackan's latina maid

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

You could get all of that system without coding it yourself and wasting time. It also costs A LOT of money.

Just take a look at the various white label rakeback providers like Rakeback Engine, Rakeback Partners or some others. You can get all those great value deals already integrated.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Eddielv View Post
    You could get all of that system without coding it yourself and wasting time. It also costs A LOT of money.

Just take a look at the various white label rakeback providers like Rakeback Engine, Rakeback Partners or some others. You can get all those great value deals already integrated.
    I'm already partnered with a rakeback provider, but they couldn't implement their script with my forum how I wanted it to work, so I'm stuck with coding it myself, and using the links they've provided me with.

#!/usr/bin/mikebrad
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bauss View Post
    I'm already partnered with a rakeback provider, but they couldn't implement their script with my forum how I wanted it to work, so I'm stuck with coding it myself, and using the links they've provided me with.
    Why not scrape the rb provider? Why does this have to be done the absolutely hardest way possible? You've already admitted that there are better uses of your time, so why are you wasting more time bothering with this? What value is this really going to add that is going to make some say "Hey, I really want to sign up under Bauss because he has blah blah blah on his forum, even though I can get that at a hundred other places (just displayed differently).". You've asked for advice on the best way to do this and some of the most prominent members have said "DON'T DO IT". Simply put, what more advice do you need? No one thinks its a good idea.
    Prop, DealerDan, Spry and 2 others like this.

Thread Information