Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
+ Reply to Thread
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Default links from foreign language sites = spam?

So it is said that Google would consider links from sites in languages other than the language of my site as spam. I understand that if for example my site were in French, and the linking site is in Russian. But if my site is in English, how does it make sense to penalize my site because some incoming links would be from sites in non-English languages?
    Isn't it perfectly normal for a site that contains info in whatever language to link out to a (topically related) site in English language?

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    So it is said that Google would consider links from sites in languages other than the language of my site as spam. I understand that if for example my site were in French, and the linking site is in Russian. But if my site is in English, how does it make sense to penalize my site because some incoming links would be from sites in non-English languages?
    Isn't it perfectly normal for a site that contains info in whatever language to link out to a (topically related) site in English language?
    I am presume not because if you are looking for high authority for gambling site it would hard especially for country which have ban gambling my country Indonesia. So for me the foreign language site is not affect so much as long as the niche is similar
    Domino Qiu Qiu 99 games in 668 Poker from Indonesia

Giving players too much credit

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    52 (100%)

I wouldn't be concerned if it was just a few links. But if a large part of your backlink profile was foreign links then yeah that would look spammy.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by pokeraussie View Post
    I wouldn't be concerned if it was just a few links. But if a large part of your backlink profile was foreign links then yeah that would look spammy.
    If you don't have many foreign links and if the sites that you did link building are related to gambling, probably you don't need t be scared..

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

I agree with previous opinions. If there are not many foreign links and they are placed on thematic resources, then you can absolutely not worry.

Thread Information