Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Casius14

Thread: Golf Betting Question

ความลับไม่มีในโลก
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    48 (100%)

Default Golf Betting Question

On the Bottom of PaddyPowers page on outright winner for US Open it says:

"Each Way Terms 1/4 places 1,2,3,4,5,6"

I have no idea what this means. To test it out I staked 100 on Tiger Woods at 9.00 and my ticket show 100 to return 900. If he wins I get return 900 and if he loses I get 0? Is that all. I have no idea what each way means and if that not applied to my wager or not. What is that note? and why is it there?
    Betting Sports in the US? 5Dimes has Best Odds (US Players Accepted) - Live elsewhere? PinnacleSports Offers the Best Odds (No US Players)

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Each way betting means placed. So when you bet you select e/w this means that if your golfer finishes in the top six they will pay out 1/4 of the odds you have back. So 9/1 wou.d be 2.25/1 if they finish in the top six. If they win then you get paid more.

Edit: you have not placed an each way bet you've simply placed an outright winner bet. Also Bet Victor are paying top 7 places at 1/4
    Prop likes this.
    UK based Sports and Poker writer for hire...

Blog

ความลับไม่มีในโลก
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    48 (100%)

Okay now I get it. I had this chat because I seen the note after the fact. I then went and tried betting it and didn't see anything on the slip to change it.

Stephen H: (Listening)

Stephen H: Hi, my name is Stephen H. How may I help you?

You: Hi Stephen this might seem like a silly question but I've never bet golf before. on the outright winner page for US open i seen Tiger woods 9.0 and bet it for 100EUR stake Bet receipt number : (edited)

Stephen H: good afternoon

You: then my question is I later noticed a note on the bottom of page that says: Each Way Terms 1/4 places 1,2,3,4,5,6

You: I have no idea what that means, what each way betting is. and if it is something that applies to the wager I made or not

Stephen H: ill just check your account

You: okay thanks

Stephen H: ok you didnt place the bet each way

You: okay so I have 100EUR to return 900EUR on Tiger Woods - that's all either 0 Return if he loses, and 900 return if he wins. Is this correct?

Stephen: H yes

You: okay thank you stephen
    It turns out there's a tiny check box on the betting ticket e/w and if you click it half the stake goes on outright and half the stake goes in each-way @ 1/4 odds. Which not knowing much about golf betting still seems would of been a far better way to bet it. Oh well could got same after commission @ 8.36/1 @ Betfair, got it 8/1 @ Paddy - close enough and will leave it. I was more trying to learn about golf betting and playing around clicked some button trying to see if the max stake would show and somewhat surprised had it confirm 100, good i didn't enter 1000 i guess (I think anyways haa).
    Betting Sports in the US? 5Dimes has Best Odds (US Players Accepted) - Live elsewhere? PinnacleSports Offers the Best Odds (No US Players)

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Each-way betting isn't golf specific, it's really common in horse racing in this part of the world too, as well as other sports.

ความลับไม่มีในโลก
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    48 (100%)

Thanks - shedding more and more of my Americaness each day, but still not quite there yet

Thread Information