Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: PokerEverything.com - help me convert!

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Default PokerEverything.com - help me convert!

Hi guys

A bit of background - I'm an affiliate part time, I started back last summer and this is my 'main' site which has been live around 6-7 months -

Poker rooms, bonuses, training, strategy and coaching | pokereverything.com

I'm at a bit of a plateau stage with this site now and posting this on here as I'm hoping I can get some input from you. I know there's a ton of knowledge and experience on this forum and if I can get a few simple actions to improve things that would be great.

OK so in terms of visitor stats, over the last month I got 430 unique visitors, with my traffic being mainly from the US and UK (US traffic is now slightly more than UK having been steadily increasing).

What I need to stress is that I basically have no more budget for links, so whilst I'd love to invest in buying good links, this isn't doable at the moment.

What I'm especially keen to get feedback on is whether/how I should be converting more room signups - I've had literally a handful and I would expect with 400 people a month to be doing more!

Also as to whether I should perhaps ditch some of the rooms - I've employed somewhat of a scattergun approach to listing more poker rooms and I'm not convinced of the strategy any more.

Anyway, over to you - many thanks in advance for constructive feedback, really appreciate it

Andy

I like beach balls

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Something like this is way too generic. You've offered a bit of info, but it's not even close to enough. It largely depends on the traffic you're getting. List - say 5 of your most popular pages, and the primary keywords that bring people to each specific page. Also top couple of countries that hit each page would be helpful too, as would the average time a user spends on each of those pages.
    GFPC likes this.
    Graeme aka Dealer Dan
    Gambling Affiliate Bible

++ WhatCulture.com ++

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Here's a few tips from a SEO/Conversion stand point.

- I would certainly be making the affiliate links look more "friendly". Make them more uniform and follow a structure like www.pokereverything.com/play/site-name. At the moment all of the affiliate links are just "as are" and this isn't ideal both from a Google point of view, and it also looks ugly to visitors and they may be put off clicking a link like http://dd.connextra.com/servlet/redirect?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bodog.co.uk%2Fwel come%2F%3FNextURL%3D%2Fplay-now%2Fpoker-instant-deposit-bonus.html&cxt_aff_id=3823978&s=Ext_UK_Poker_NewIn itialDep_468x60&a=Bodog%3AExt_RS_Poker_468x60 (which to unsavvy users can easily look like a virus or something).

- The title tags of your room reviews could be tweaked. I'd go for something like: "Bodog Poker Review - Free Bonus Code Up To $1,000".

- Your URL's are far too long. They are stuffed with keywords. I'm aware you have likely already built links into them, but if you 301 everything properly you should have no issues on that front. The URL's at the moment will be doing you no favours whatsoever. Aim for a structure like: http://www.pokereverything.com/sites/bodog-poker. Your sub pages like the "bonuses" page is also just stuffed. Something like http://www.pokereverything.com/bonuses would be better for you than http://www.pokereverything.com/Online-poker-rooms/online-poker-bonuses.html

- You could also lose a level on your breadcrumbs. Two items both link to the same place.

- In terms of the review pages themselves, some of them are very limited in terms of content. I'd also consider restructuring slightly to make them less text heavy. Introducing 4 or 5 key reasons that you should join the site at the start of the review to break it up visually (with each of the "reasons" in the list with a tick to make it look appealing). The call to actions aren't really clear either. I'd have a prominent button which was directly actionable to the user, along the lines of "Claim Your $XXX Bonus".

The font is too small, no point making it hard for people to read.

Another way of breaking up the text could be to simply give each aspect a more defined header (e.g. rather than just make "The Software" a bold font, make it a proper header of the section.

You might also consider moving the screenshots to the top as they are a nice visual element that players will find useful if they are new to the site.

I've done a quick mock-up for the visual elements to give you a better idea of what I'd suggest.

kdollar, GFPC, Viriatu and 3 others like this.
    You'll find me on LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Just a quick word from browsing your for 20 seconds.

I'd try to make all of your pages, articles and reviews longer. At the moment your average page and review is like 300-350 words.

Try to stretch each page to 500-600 words, since this will get you a lot more traffic and long tails from the search engines.
    TheTattooedGuy likes this.
    My affiliate blog: Affiliate FYI Twitter: @AffiliateFYI

Need an Infographic? Infographic Designs from $750.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Thanks guys - Peter that's awesome, plenty to go on, I'm going to sort the format of the reviews out then work on the URL structure and affiliate link cloaking.

Do you guys think I should have less room reviews? Like get rid of the more random ones like Sun/Mermaid?

Thanks again, really helpful stuff!

Tin Foil Hatter
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

for your reviews - you do not have to 'get rid' of them, just focus on your top 1 or 2 rooms. Get something going with them, start making some money with one room first, then worry about adding others. Specialize on those rooms, know everything about them. Know what makes them different from the other rooms. Any particular site a good place to find a certain type of game at a certain type of stake now adays? Stay on top of that and give people something different.

Your site is 'Poker Everything'... just thinking out loud here but I think a neat way to attack it would be to create pages that then link out to virtually everything you can find related to a subject from all across the web. IE - poker everything. High quality directory style?

I don't know, i just think that to find success you are going to have to attack this niche at a different angle than what you are doing now. Reviews, basic strategies, bonuses and promotions.... done already, and no offense, done better. I visited the site, I can't think of one unique thing that makes me want to come back later. (i'm not slamming you, for a relative new guy you are light years ahead of many).
    MJ and TheTattooedGuy like this.
    Promote the only Home Based Poker Dealing School on the net via Clickbank with these banners.
    Poker Leaderboard - manage & display points standings easily on your website.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

No offence taken Spry
    thanks for the input, appreciate it and some good thoughts there

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

OK guys so here's a review done with Peter's suggestion and new URL format along with affiliate URL 'cloaking' (kicking myself, hadn't realised how easy it was in Joomla!)

All in Poker review | Free bonus of up to $600

Before I go and change the format of all the other reviews (and I'm going to try and beef them up at the same time, good point about word count Adam ) is there anything else format-wise people think would improve it?

thanks again, this input has been just what I needed to get my ass in gear. Feeling loads more motivated now

d[-_-]b
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

I dont see a h1 on the page, that should be the 1st heading.

You could do it

h1: All in Poker Review (lose the online poker room from it)

LOGO - 4 Check points (side by side using a table)

h2: Why Play at All in Poker ( lose the all caps it looks lazy I was told way back when)

paragraph

cta

h2: All in Poker Software (get the site name in)

paragraph

h2: All in Poker Screenshots

etc etc

On a personal thing I think the font is a little small it looks about 11px, try it at around 13px or 0.9em

make the check points the same size only make them bold and red like your logo.

Under some of the paragraphs do a text link in the bold red and align them right like:

Start earning your Gold Chips now >>

Getting some awesome tips here will be hitting Peter up myself : )
    TheTattooedGuy likes this.
    Create awesome websites with thrive | There are 1000's of non gaming companies looking for affiliates @ ShareAsale..

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Thanks man, really appreciate it, have made those changes, see what you think

big thanks to everyone, this is SO helpful and has got me totally re-motivated!
    going to plough on tonight transferring the format/design over.
    most of the URLs are 'redone'

really buzzed

Thread Information