Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ----
    Mackan's latina maid

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Red face Feedback needed (be gentle, my first site)

Hey guys,

Been starting to work on making a new site with word press, as i found out about affiliation through under the table deals, i have pretty poor knowledge about anything SEO and word press wise. I used to build my business through refer a friend plan.

Check it out and maybe give a few pointers of any basic mistakes etc.

The site is macintosh-poker.com

Big thanks, guys.

Ed

ak
    There Is No Place Like Home

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    75 (100%)

I recommend when you have guest click on articles etc have it open up in same window.

----
    Mackan's latina maid

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Thanks ! Did not notice that, just updated it!

Ed

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Reading through there are a few spelling mistakes - or more to the point the context or presentation of words. Anyone reading would most likely notice that and note you are a not a native English speaker/writer. They may well click away because of that. It's nowhere near as bad as many non English native written sites you can find - but still if your target is the English speaking world it would be good to fix.

Example:

''Before 2 years you would have a hard time finding online poker site with Macintosh support'' should read ''Until 2 years ago you would have (had) a hard time finding online poker siteS with Macintosh support''

''Fortunately, you have found the right place and we have done a research for you'' should read ''Fortunately, you have found the right place and we have done THE research for you''

''play online poker from a device with Mac OS with finding poker room which fit this criteria'' should read ''play online poker from a device with Mac OS BY finding poker roomS which fit this criteria'' (though that entire sentence could be written simpler)

There are others. It's simple to fix, and simple stuff, but important I think.

----
    Mackan's latina maid

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Yep, will go over it. Thanks.

----
    Mackan's latina maid

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I think ,until i get a bit more advanced in my writing ,i need to write simpler sentences. Can be quite challenging to write simple stuff, but still sound knowledgable.

Thanks for the input so far.
    Last edited by Eddielv; 05-10-2012 at 05:39 AM.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

I would Hyperlink the poker site name on the chart as well. Give another opportunity for conversion.

Under USA on the chart, I would change from "allowed", "not allowed" to simply "yes", "no" and use the savings in room to place a small logo in front of each poker site.

Aesthetically, there seems to be a lot of space between your Title and the Body. Same with the space between the Body and Footer.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Eddielv View Post
    I think ,until i get a bit more advanced in my writing ,i need to write simpler sentences. Can be quite challenging to write simple stuff, but still sound knowledgable.

Thanks for the input so far.
    Yes, that's exactly right. Many 'expert' copywriters recommend keeping sentences short and to the point. The reality is you need to get a balance.

Actually my view is you're not far off achieving that balance with the content you have, it's just some of your sentence structure is going wrong. You do need to add some deeper content too though.

It's very difficult for a non native to have an absolutely perfect command of English...just the same as if I tried to write in Latvian, French, German, or any other....I'd make mistakes because I'd be trying to get a literal translation of English into that other language...and literal doesn't always make sense.

----
    Mackan's latina maid

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

I'll go over the content i already have and will try to concentrate more when i'm writing new one. This was written while watching world hockey championships (go Latvia) that also does not help much

How about some basic seo things? Been studying it last few days, but still might be doing something basis very wrong, so if theres anything let me know please!

<3 pal btw !

Ed

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

The most obvious thing I can think of is the use of the word 'macintosh'. I'd have thought (and I could be wrong) that most searchers would just be searching for 'Mac'

So for example on the home page I'd be looking to get 'mac' in the title and page description. You only have a few words in both of those and you could expand on that. Make full use of the number of words you can have in the title and description...and it's worth spending a good amount of time thinking about page descriptions and titles. Make them the best you can.

Thread Information