Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
+ Reply to Thread
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default Tradesparency.com - Need feedback and suggestions

Hi guys

I have been working on Tradesparency.com for a while now. It is basically yelp.com for b2b. I got the idea after receiving some useless crap from a chinese alibaba supplier, and the fact that it is almost impossible to find user-reviews of chinese suppliers online.

It is mostly focused on user reviews of chinese suppliers and manufacturers, and a typical review can be found here. I hope this can solve a big problem for people importing from far away countries.

It is also meant for any kind of b2b-company in the world. Here you can find some reviews of suppliers of gaming software, and here you can find reviews of content-suppliers and hosting-companies.

I know the site doesnt look great right now, but I am planning to improve it. But I am looking for feedback on everything on the site. How can I make this site better?

The main challenges right now are getting content and engaged users to the site.

mazers innit!

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I actually have a site pretty similar to this, love your name and the idea behind it. Atm if I visit your site I'm not entirely sure what it is all about, you need some much clearer signals there.

The vast majority of your traffic should / will be people looking for the services of the companies listed, so make it more useful for them, there's really nothing of use there for the visitor atm. List full company contact details, also give a quick breakdown of what the companies do (once you are ranking for their name and sending them traffic you can charge to upgrade this listing and for premium ad spots throughout their section, adding their logo, etc.) - best to make it perfectly clear to companies listed the user reviews will always be independent but they will love the opportunity to market to potential clients. Also make sure you have an easy paid method for companies to add themselves. Make it essential for companies in that niche to get listed on your site (and once they are listed to improve that listing). In my experience that's where the money is with sites like this.

If I were you I'd cut down the sections drastically and concentrate on making each section carry more useful info and a good selection of companies before moving onto another section and making that one kick ass too. I know it's early days but looks like you've spread yourself too thinly atm.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks for some great advice notspot. I have already deleted some dead categories and tried to make the websites message clearer. I know there are som good possibilites on monetization on a site like thits, but we need content and users first.

One problem when focusing on less companies is that new users will not find the company they want to review, but I really get what you are saying with focusing on niches first and will try to do that.

Any suggestions on how to attract reviewers?

mazers innit!

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Ahh, that's the million dollar question.

I think you may be looking at it the wrong way around though, imo people (especially B2B) don't go looking for a site to write a review. They first look for companies offering a similar product / service or an existing review, their review is a by-product of that. They also don't bother leaving a review if they don't think they will be read. It's about convincing them it's worth their time to leave the review.

Thread Information