Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Please Review / Suggest how I can Improve my Site!

Giving players too much credit

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    52 (100%)

I think you need to brighten up the website using lighter color theme, get rid of the popup email box or at least offer something for free if you expect people to give their email address. I think that would be a big turn off to many new visitors I hate sites that do that.

I am also not really fussed on the domain name. It doesn't pass the radio test it's really hard to pronounce and doesn't flow off the tongue very well. That said, I am not sure if that's because I am tongue tied or it's just a hard word to pronounce.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Poker Aussie - Thanks for the input!

I've now heard a couple times to brighten the colour scheme, so it is probably time to make that change.

As far as the pop up goes, when people sign up I do offer free picks that will be sent to their email (maybe I should make that clearer?). The pop up has dramatically increased my sign ups, which I have found to be a huge part in generating return visitors and sales. So I'm going to have a hard time removing it.

And for the domain name it really is what it is. When I first started the website I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, and how important a domain name was. Knowing what I do now, I would defiantly have named it something more user/google friendly, but that's part of the learning process. I hopefully won't make that mistake again if I decide to launch another site.

Finally, I don't necessarily find it difficult to pronounce.. Maybe that's because I have said it a billion times in the past 6 months. But perhaps your tongue is a little tied!

Thanks for the help.

[WTB] - Money Printer
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Try getting an interesting, non keyword stuffed text on your webpage with H Headers and at least 500 words of content. The colors are all out of whack, the readability of this blow; Droplr • Screenshot 2013-04-08 at 09.36.40.png because of the colors your a using. No one likes a grey site, make it white, it's depressing the fuck out of my face.

Droplr • Screenshot 2013-04-08 at 09.37.31.png - Don't you dare ask money from the get go sir. You earn your stripes in this industry and give away free picks that people learn to respect, and then you figure out a paymodel. Even then, this may not be the right way to go.

Also, stop mixing all sorts of fonts together like it ain't no thing. It's actually super confusing when you do that and every type of bounce, shit yourself, stomp your head on the desk- rate goes up because of it.
    [WTB] - Money printing machine

[WTB] - Money Printer
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Try getting an interesting, non keyword stuffed text on your webpage with H Headers and at least 500 words of content. The colors are all out of whack, the readability of this blow; Droplr • Screenshot 2013-04-08 at 09.36.40.png because of the colors your a using. No one likes a grey site, make it white, it's depressing the fuck out of my face.

Droplr • Screenshot 2013-04-08 at 09.37.31.png - Don't you dare ask money from the get go sir. You earn your stripes in this industry and give away free picks that people learn to respect, and then you figure out a paymodel. Even then, this may not be the right way to go.

Also, stop mixing all sorts of fonts together like it ain't no thing. It's actually super confusing when you do that and every type of bounce, shit yourself, stomp your head on the desk- rate goes up because of it.

Giving players too much credit

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    52 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPickin' View Post
    But perhaps your tongue is a little tied!
    I was I had surgery though to correct it. Although I was less concerned about not being able to pronounce some words correctly and more concerned about being able to use my tongue for other things :P
    Student likes this.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Laurence, thanks for the reply.

As far as the H headers and 500 word write up on the homepage I already have that on my to do list.

Another person talking about the colours.. I am going to address that ASAP as I hate depressing the fuck out of people!

As far as asking for money for the picks, everyone I have gotten advice from says that is the way to go hands down. I do offer free picks on my site and email free picks to people that sign up, but the majority of the picks are exclusive to clients. I plaster my record everywhere on the site, so I am not trying to mislead anyone into giving me their money - if they like what they see they can purchase. The returning member rate is very high and I have seen an increase in sales every month since the beginning (expect for last month).

Sales have accounted for 95% of my income, and I was hoping I could get better at the affiliating side of things to make that a reliable source as well!

In regards to the different font types - every single font I have on the site is the exact same (Verdana). Were you addressing the different colours I use?

Hopefully I am not to much of a hassle, but I would really appreciate it if you could follow up with me on what you meant by my site being hit by Panda.

I do appreciate all the help and humour in your responses.. Thanks Laurence!

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

LMAO .. very understandable

Quote Originally Posted by pokeraussie View Post
    I was I had surgery though to correct it. Although I was less concerned about not being able to pronounce some words and more concerned about being able to use my tongue for other things :P

[WTB] - Money Printer
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Sir these fonts differ Droplr • Screenshot 2013-04-08 at 11.28.20.png, but you're right, it's not as dramatic as I thought at second look. Also make your menu font size bigger, it's a misunderstanding to think that people will strain their eyes trying to see what your menu is actually saying. Another thing that takes the cake is putting a grey font over a black background, really, we should all have a collective mancry over that.

This is one of my menu's for example, though it didn't need any further illustration I'm sure. I picked the category most precious to me as well; Droplr • Screenshot 2013-04-08 at 11.30.15.png

Our team now works with something called flex. I wouldn't be able to tell you much about it, just that it is the easiest thing on the eye and really researched what people respond to. We have since integrated it on almost all our sites, and the documentation can be found here;

Flex: A responsive and modular front-end framework

My suggestion would be to work with these type of layouts (buttons, typography etc), reconstruct them with wordpress since this particular thing is for Ruby on Rails and benefit from the research these flex guys did.

Now go forth young jedi and make cash monies. Any further consultation comes at a PAL discount of $250 an hour.

[WTB] - Money Printer
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Sir these fonts differ Droplr • Screenshot 2013-04-08 at 11.28.20.png, but you're right, it's not as dramatic as I thought at second look. Also make your menu font size bigger, it's a misunderstanding to think that people will strain their eyes trying to see what your menu is actually saying. Another thing that takes the cake is putting a grey font over a black background, really, we should all have a collective mancry over that.

This is one of my menu's for example, though it didn't need any further illustration I'm sure. I picked the category most precious to me as well; Droplr • Screenshot 2013-04-08 at 11.30.15.png

Our team now works with something called flex. I wouldn't be able to tell you much about it, just that it is the easiest thing on the eye and really researched what people respond to. We have since integrated it on almost all our sites, and the documentation can be found here;

Flex: A responsive and modular front-end framework

My suggestion would be to work with these type of layouts (buttons, typography etc), reconstruct them with wordpress since this particular thing is for Ruby on Rails and benefit from the research these flex guys did.

Now go forth young jedi and make cash monies. Any further consultation comes at a PAL discount of $250 an hour.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Lawrence,

I thought the grey on black was sharp! But I have taken note and will make that change, as well as make the menu more prominent.

I already made the website a lot lighter and I think it looks a million times better.. I'm probably going to go even lighter now that I think about it.

As for Flex I'm going to read up on it and implement it into my site because it looks legit after scanning over it quickly and of course if the great Laurence is recommending it must be very useful.

Thanks for the help, I greatly appreciate it. As far as a payment for your hard work I will forward it to you when my website starts making millions..errr... if my website starts making millions.

Thread Information