• Login:
+ Reply to Thread
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Default My new Website - Review needed

Hello

My english is not good. i have used a text Changer for my Website Content.

onlinepoker-portal dot com

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I'm going to be blunt - not to be hurtful because at least you have taken the first step and started a site - but to save you a lot of time (and maybe money.....)

You cannot run a website and use an automatic translator to put it into English. It doesn't read well, no English speaking visitors you get will spend the time trying to interpret what you're saying, and no search engine will rank it.

You need to either build your site in German (I'm assuming)...work with a native English speaking partner...or buy the services of someone who can put what you're saying into good English.

I'd advise against the third option unless you're fairly certain you have enough poker knowledge to build a very strong site. Otherwise you probably won't recoup the cost.

Aside from all this. The above the fold design on home page looks a bit messy to me. Suggest simplify it, not so many colours. Remove the flashing banner, it distracts. The page looks much better further below.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

I am going to be upfront as well. I think you need a lot of work on that website. I would get rid of a lot of the advertsements, espically the ones on the top. If you are going to have a top banner thats fine but you have poker tracker, strategy video, and the promos. It is also on top of a big green header that does not have any design to it. I would change the colors to something more basic and remove a lot of the stuff people will click away because. You will end up with a high bounce rate because of it, IMO.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Default Needs a native speaker

Hi opp100,

My advice here is to think about this from the English speaking user's perspective. When they read your site content, the first thing that they will do is become confused by the grammar. If it just 'sounds wrong' people will leave. The solutions are to write something in your native language and get it translated by an English speaker or stick to writing sites in your own language.

It would be great if such sites could be put through an automated translation engine - but that technology is not available (yet!)

Keep at it, you can get there!

Thread Information