Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
+ Reply to Thread
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Default Let Me Have It; We Need to Improve This Beast

http://professionalrakeback.com

The main focus of the site is/should be rakeback, news (poker site related news, not poker celebrity or tournament news) that pro players can use to profit from, and general reviews for the every day Joe Sixpack player who comes in via search or social media referral.

I'd like to know what some of you seasoned webmasters have to say. Don't pull any punches.

Gambling Content Provider
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by PROFRBcom View Post
    Online Poker Sites News, Bonuses & Rakeback

The main focus of the site is/should be rakeback, news (poker site related news, not poker celebrity or tournament news) that pro players can use to profit from, and general reviews for the every day Joe Sixpack player who comes in via search or social media referral.

I'd like to know what some of you seasoned webmasters have to say. Don't pull any punches.
    Your home page looks like a "news" subpage, I'd want to see the benefits of the site on the home page, why I should stick around, and unless I'm a big fan of rakeback news, well this is what the home page looks like to me. The hard core rakeback players might take notice here but I expect that a lot of your target market may not. Wow, the Bodog Poker Network sold and rebranded! This isn't what people are coming to see primarily. I would organize this page as a portal, it's fine to have those blog articles on the site of course but on a sub page for sure.

I'm not crazy about having all that info on a flash banner at the top where people need to wait and read the stuff. I think that "trust the pros" would be fine here and I'd tell them about these other features of your site elsewhere in the first view which would all be available at a glance. You have seconds to make a good first impression and you don't want them missing stuff like this.

The stuff in red at the top of the page needs to be made more prominent. I only noticed this after several views.

I'd do a whole lot more selling here and that's your stock in trade, we are sales people, and a big part of this selling, the biggest part on the home page, is selling me on staying on your site and not just bouncing.
    Ken Stephens
    Advanced Poker Solutions

Providing expert gambling content since 2004, satisfaction guaranteed!

Thread Information