New Posts
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
Betfred.com Affiliate Program
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    My Status
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,346
    Blog Entries
    1
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

    Default The Sportsbook questions

    In light of you guys settling with all affiliates from the Aced debacle, I wanted to give you guys some exposure. You guys are one of the most active (if not the most) program on this board, and it is certainly nice to have you guys participating. I had a few questions regarding The SportsBook, most of which came from when I looked on SBR for info. BetEd Sportsbook - SBR Recent News for BetEd Sportsbook

    1) Does BetEd in fact provide a turnkey solution for you that includes payment processing?
    2) Does BetEd make the decisions for your book when it comes to voiding player winnings? The issues posted there were troubling as winnings were voided due to malfunctions in blackjack, baccarat, and a slots game. The issue with voiding the players winnings for using his friends Neteller was questionable as well. If BetEd doesn't make decisions for you when it comes to voiding winnings, how would you have handled these cases?

    PS I didn't see in play betting anywhere on the site, I am assuming you don't offer it?

  2. #2
    PAL Affiliate Manager
    My Status
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,562
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Hi Prenut,

    I will got Tom to answer your questions regarding TheSportsbook.com as he deals with sports.

    Expect a reply shortly.
    Atil Singh
    Head of Acquisition
    ChipSplit Affiliate Program
    Web: ChipSplit Affiliates - CarbonPoker - Aced Poker

    Best Poker Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2012

  3. #3
    ความลับไม่มีในโลก
    My Status
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ▐▐▐▐▐▐
    Posts
    5,759
    Feedback Score
    48 (100%)

    Default

    Question #1 Atil has confirmed in another thread. (edited this part)

    I'd like to add a question on betting limits / bonuses.
    Not sure this is addressed on SBR, but one problem I've fielded a small handful of complaints on BetED about is players limits getting cut to $1 (which I have no problem with if not for the second issue) but still being told they need to meet the rollover wagering requirement on bonus which is obviously like damn near impossible at $1 per bet. Most of these usually get settled after some fuss and a deal is cut. Just want to know if thesportsbook is capable of quickly overriding (or perhaps is independent enough to do so already) these quirky common sense issues first level BetEd decisions makers tend to get wrong.

    ^ also I realize their are probably hard feelings like I guys attacked you blah. Just point out this thread is not some attempt at that. In fact what posted about is GREAT for affiliates the BetEd doesn't allow winning bettors to go too far. I'm just more concerned with the support aspect when real decision making is involved - can thesportsbook.com "quickly" resolve these small issues which undoubtedly come up at every sportsbook even the best one.

    Edit: Sorry was typing while Atil responded.
    Betting Sports in the US? 5Dimes has Best Odds (US Players Accepted) - Live elsewhere? PinnacleSports Offers the Best Odds (No US Players)

  4. #4
    PAL Affiliate Manager
    My Status
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,562
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokerprop View Post
    ^ also I realize their are probably hard feelings like I guys attacked you blah.

    No hard feelings Prop. We are all glad we could come to an agreement and now but this behind us. ChipSplit will become the #1 preferred affiliate program with all of our recent changes in the near future.

    Prenut, didn't mean to go off track with the above.
    Atil Singh
    Head of Acquisition
    ChipSplit Affiliate Program
    Web: ChipSplit Affiliates - CarbonPoker - Aced Poker

    Best Poker Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2012

  5. #5
    PAL Affiliate Manager
    My Status
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    31
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prenut View Post
    In light of you guys settling with all affiliates from the Aced debacle, I wanted to give you guys some exposure. You guys are one of the most active (if not the most) program on this board, and it is certainly nice to have you guys participating. I had a few questions regarding The SportsBook, most of which came from when I looked on SBR for info. BetEd Sportsbook - SBR Recent News for BetEd Sportsbook

    1) Does BetEd in fact provide a turnkey solution for you that includes payment processing?
    2) Does BetEd make the decisions for your book when it comes to voiding player winnings? The issues posted there were troubling as winnings were voided due to malfunctions in blackjack, baccarat, and a slots game. The issue with voiding the players winnings for using his friends Neteller was questionable as well. If BetEd doesn't make decisions for you when it comes to voiding winnings, how would you have handled these cases?

    PS I didn't see in play betting anywhere on the site, I am assuming you don't offer it?
    Hi Prenut,

    First of all, thanks for your interest in TheSportsbook.

    (Edited for clarity) We use the same software provider as BetEd but are entirely independent of their operations and processing - we handle all our own business decisions and policies and are entirely independent of BetEd. We are committed to providing excellent customer service and if unusual circumstances arise we will always be clear with our customers and affiliate as to what has occurred and why.

    The bottom line is that we are out to make a very positive impression with the sports betting community, from depositing to betting to withdrawals. We are here to stay and will be looking out for the interests of our bettors both for their sake and ours - you only get one first impression!

    And no, we do not have play money functionality at this time.

    Hope that helps prenut. Let me know if you have any other questions.

    Cheers,

    Tom
    Last edited by tomh; 09-24-2010 at 04:38 PM.
    Tom Hill
    Head of Sports Acquisition
    ChipSplit Affiliates

    website: ChipSplit.com, TheSportsbook.com
    email: tom@chipsplit.com
    skype: tom.hill.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    My Status
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,346
    Blog Entries
    1
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

    Default

    So you do your own processing? And I know that this part is somewhat speculating based on incomplete information, but how would you have handled those game malfunctions?

  7. #7
    PAL Affiliate Manager
    My Status
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    135
    Blog Entries
    2
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Hi Prenut,
    We would have all control over any of these decisions, this is our business, Gaming Right are software providers for us.

    For reasons of legality I don't really want to go into the processing publicly, feel free to msn or skype me and we can chat more on this if it is of specific interest.

    The software isue is all hypothetical, however I would like to give you some insight into what I would likely do. In my career I have been in charge of Vegas Technology marketing group and had decisions like this to make in the past. Obviously there are a few factors to consider here.
    1) the software is faulty/not faulty.
    2) did it affect game play in a positive or negative way.
    3) Were the advantages gained / lost purposeful in both scenarios of number 2.

    IF there was a loop hole in the software and the user had deliberately changed their style of regular play, any group would investigate and probably void their winnings from the point their regular play pattern changed. I would however compensate these players with a significant sum, as in all likelihood they have done you a massive favor by spotting this.

    I would have a full scale investigation on the code and have a 3rd party independently run tests on the game to ensure it was working as it should.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    My Status
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,346
    Blog Entries
    1
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

    Default

    Thank you Ian, I appreciate the response. Every hypothetical solution that you posted there is more than reasonable, and it is nice to see your thought process about that.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    My Status
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,346
    Blog Entries
    1
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

    Default

    Are you planning to add the inplay betting like BetEd has?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    My Status
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,346
    Blog Entries
    1
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomh View Post
    Hi Prenut,

    First of all, thanks for your interest in TheSportsbook.

    (Edited for clarity) We use the same software provider as BetEd but are entirely independent of their operations and processing - we handle all our own business decisions and policies and are entirely independent of BetEd. We are committed to providing excellent customer service and if unusual circumstances arise we will always be clear with our customers and affiliate as to what has occurred and why.

    The bottom line is that we are out to make a very positive impression with the sports betting community, from depositing to betting to withdrawals. We are here to stay and will be looking out for the interests of our bettors both for their sake and ours - you only get one first impression!

    And no, we do not have play money functionality at this time.

    Hope that helps prenut. Let me know if you have any other questions.

    Cheers,

    Tom
    I meant inplay betting aka live betting. I see that BetEd offers it so curious as to why you don't at this point.


 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.5
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0