Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jeremy

Thread: If I were a New Jersey Operator with Super Bowl Coming Up

PAL Red Pro
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default If I were a New Jersey Operator with Super Bowl Coming Up

An excerpt from my weekly column over at PAS. Good promotion idea? Seems to make a little too much sense to me!

source

If I Were A New Jersey Operator & The Super Bowl Were Coming Up……

What a fascinating experience it has been so far watching the New Jersey regulated gambling market open up. Most fascinating to me has been watching these operators, who all have deep pockets, make their marketing decisions and spends.

Although most of us outside New Jersey are turned off to many of their efforts, Party Poker, WSOP, and Betfair have been doing some pretty clever stuff in the Garden State.

And that brings me to the following point. This year the NFL Super Bowl is being played in New Jersey. If I were an operator already spending thousands of dollars per week on overlays, and dropping a little bit of known “dumb money” around New Jersey on media spends, I would consider investing some “smart money” on the 2014 Super Bowl in New Jersey.

The chance that the Super Bowl comes back to the Met Life Center in New Jersey any time soon is slim.

Surrounded by sports, New Jersey residents are football fans through and through. If I were an operator, I would host a combined buyin / freeroll series, and give away a kick ass Super Bowl package. I would then wrap a party bus with my brand and allow the winners to roll into the big game like bosses. Maybe even have some good-looking waitresses working on the bus. The key is, give the winners an out of this world experience, and document it all for future marketing.

Heck, even if I didn’t host an event and give out tickets, I’d still find a way to send an army of scantily clad women to the stadium area and local bars to work the crowds and give away free swag.

Sure, this would cost some money, but the amount of media exposure the brand would receive from various media and sports outlets in NJ would be invaluable. More importantly, this is the type of promotion that will drive recreational players to a poker site that free rolls and overlays will not. Is there really any better demographic to promote online poker to than football fans?

Oh, and if any of you operators reading this need someone to chaperone those scantily clad women and ensure they are giving the right message, I'll donate my services at no charge.

Thread Information