Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Must have WP Plugins

CK
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Default Must have WP Plugins

This is a list of the main plugins I use and the benefits of using them. I have dropped the links to where you can find them, since the zip file I have is way to big for the forum to let me post it

WP SEO All In One Pack - This plugin lets you create unique title tags, meta descriptions and keywords. You can also choose as to whether how you want your tags to be displayed via the correct formats. If you dont want your blog title to be displayed with your posts you simply change the fomat from %post_title% | %blog_title% to simply %post_title%

This is also the plugin you use to check whether you want your tags, archives, categories to be indexed or not.

WP SEO Master - This plugin rocks for a few different reasons. It allows you to customize how you want links followed or no followed based on a page per page basis or the entire site. You can also choose to do just your homepage for no following OBL while leaving the links followed in the article. To use this plugin you will need to set it up similar to the ALL in One. The first part is your settings, followed by Meta, No Follow, No Index and an Autolinker. Your settings just enables the other features. Once enabled you go to each of those sections and set those as well.
    • Meta - Does the same thing as the all in one except provides you with custom information for Global (across entire sit), Posts and Pages. ( I dont use these settings because I have the all in one installed)
    • No follow - This part allows you to set what you want no followed on your site being external links in posts, footer and sidebar. Your archive links, category, blogroll and comments. Also provides global, page and post options
    • No Index - Same thing as above
    HomePage Excerpts - Allows you to customize how you want your homepage to show. This is useful for people who are blogging on the index page of their site using the full article rather than say a revolution theme which uses snippets. This plugin will allow you to choose how many posts you want to have displayed in full, as well as the number of words to display for your excerpts.

Wordpress Related Posts - Provides better interlinking within your articles and allows your readers to view additional articles relating to the topic they are current viewing. This also needs to be set up. You will be able to choose the title meaning "View more related articles" or whatever you want it to be. Select how many links you want to be displayed and links will be anchored using the title of the blog post. You can exclude certain categories by entering the correct number id as well as other custom options.

Wordpress Popularity Contest- Displayed the popular posts based on comments, and views. Your choice as to how you want them shown...this is more of a fun one then actually serving a purpose since you are better off with the related posts plugin.

and others which are needed

WP Database Backup - of course to back up your wordpress although you still need to do the MYSQL. This plugin can be set to do it daily, weekly and have it sent to your email or backed up on the server

Sitemap Generator - There are two sitemap plugins out there. One is for google news and the other is for regular sitemaps. The google news sitemap will not get you into google news and will only limit you since it doesnt grab all your posts. Use the regular one which can be found here. Gnews sitemaps are only meant for people who are in gnews.

Tiny Mce Editor - This thing works like having your FP and DW options on your wordpress...gives you more control over being able to post things and how you want them displayed on the page. I personally dont use it because I find it to be such a pain in the ass to install and update but for those who want a little more flexibility on tools to create pages with this works.

Limit Posts Plugin - Similar to the HOmepage Excerpts except it limits all of the posts based on word count for excerpts on the homepage and I believe on the categories/archives.

If others have useful plugins that can help someone please post the link followed by a desciption on what it does. This thread will be stickied for members
    ----------------------------------------
    Everyone says they are willing to do whatever it takes to get ahead - but yet there are so few people up at 5AM ? - Robert Herjavec
    ---------------------------------------

MPC
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

YAY! That's what I'm talking about! Thank you so much!

www.theaffiliatelife.com

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Brilliant Cheryle - thanks for that!!
    If you liked my post, you might also like:

Affiliate Blog: The Affiliate Life
    Twitter Feed: twitter.com/shortstackgames
    Facebook: facebook.com/shortstacksimon
    Pinterest: pinterest.com/slotgames

Latest blog post: Actioning those ideas which will take your business to the next level

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Awesome work, thanks a lot Kaus

PAL / CAL fan
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score

For SEO i'd recommend Headspace2, which is in my opinion the most powerful, as it manages meta data but also a whole lot more. The below the few ones which i like a lot:
    - tracking codes for a series of analytics tools
    - first time visitor message
    - page specific plugin
    - theme specific plugin
    - other page specific modules, for a post, a page, a category or even archive

I won't just copy paste all what the page say, best for you is to visit the detailed page that says it all. It's worth it so check out the best Wordpress SEO plugin details
    Geof Dallennes

Drinking Captain Morgan

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I'm not much of a techy guy and .htaccess files drive me nuts (although I'm a good cut and paster, direction follower) so I use a pluging called:

Redirection

Super simple and works well in my experience. I've never had any issues with it.

Jason
    aka "The Good Karma Kid" - "I'm Not Lucky, I have Good Karma!"

"Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty." Leo Rosten (1908-1997)

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I found an interesting plugin that is originally designed for google adsense, but I use it now for a banner manager.

It is called WhyDoWorkAdsense.

You can set your banner code in this plugin then set where you would like the banner to appear in your blog, single page, pages, etc.

It also has a feature that shows certain banners/adsense to pages older then 'x' days, which is kind of nice.
    Weekly Content Subscription Service

Fresh, Unique Content directly to your blog or delivered to you via email every week.

Be as specific or general as you want on a given topic and let me do the rest.

Content Rates Starting At $0.050 / word.

PM me to get started.

I like beach balls

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    For SEO i'd recommend Headspace2,
    I agree with Geof here. i originally used All In One SEO Pack, but ended up making the switchover to Headspace2 and been very happy with it.
    Graeme aka Dealer Dan
    Gambling Affiliate Bible

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score

Nice list Cheryle!

Guess I should've had an look prior to posting the nofollow question.
    If you are an service member or veteran opposed to the war in Iraq, join IVAW today.

I like beach balls

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Didn't see this mentioned - Search Meter - see what your users are searching for. If you have a search engine on your page this is so must-have.
    Graeme aka Dealer Dan
    Gambling Affiliate Bible

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information