New Posts
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
FlushAffiliate.com Affiliate Program
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Super Cool WP Theme!

  1. #1
    Living in the Matrix
    & Diversifying!
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,048
    Feedback Score
    65 (100%)

    Default Super Cool WP Theme!

    Hey guys,

    I don't normally post about products I buy on the Net, but I was so impressed by one that I wanted to share it.
    I typically build my sites in HTML and have worked with Wordpress a few years back, and honestly, I didn't like it. It just seemed that I couldn't customize it as much as I would have liked to. So I haven't used WP since.
    A couple weeks back I had a friend who wanted a site built and he wanted to be able to update the site himself. So I figured I'd look into a CMS site for him.

    He had certain things in mind for the design, so I tried finding a theme that would accommodate his ideas. I spent hours trying to find a decent theme and none of them were good imo. Then I finally came across one theme that looked very good. It could do all the things my friend wanted and more. At this point I was relieved I could find a theme like this, but I was still skeptical about WP. Well, it turned out to be better than I thought.

    I was so impressed by this theme that I wrote the developer and thanked him for his attention to detail and I would definitely buy more from this guy. He responded in minutes thanking me.

    So, If you guys are looking for an awesome theme that has countless design possibilities and all the documentation you need, then I highly recommend you check it out for your gambling and non-gambling sites. It's only $35.00 for a one-time license.

    I will provide two links for you guys to check it out, one is an affiliate link (I'd appreciate it ) and the other a straight link.

    I hope someone else finds this theme as cool as I do.

    Affiliate link.

    Straight link.

    P.S. If you guys want to see another example of this theme, I can show you the site I built for my friend, just PM for the URL.


    Cheers,
    Last edited by CoolDog; 03-29-2012 at 04:06 PM.
    Newjabber likes this.
    CoolDog

    Awesome website hosting solutions for as little as $4.95 a month! I've used this service for over 10 years with no issues, A+++ ***Check them out***

    Need professional templates or WP themes? ***Check out themeforest***

  2. #2
    New Member
    Greetings From England
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    15
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Nice themes for WordPress beginners but they don't seem to be gambling orientated. If you really want a good customizable WP theme, you will have to pay a hefty sum of $600 or more.

    You could build the site in html and then pay someone to convert it to WP, this would save you around $300.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Shouts To All My Lost Boys. We
    Rowdy
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Smallville
    Posts
    428
    Blog Entries
    3
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokerbonuscodeslist View Post
    Nice themes for WordPress beginners but they don't seem to be gambling orientated. If you really want a good customizable WP theme, you will have to pay a hefty sum of $600 or more.

    You could build the site in html and then pay someone to convert it to WP, this would save you around $300.
    This isn't true at all anymore. Theres not really such thing as a gambling oriented theme unless it has custom functionality built in that makes managing a specific type of gambling content site. Otherwise, themes are themes... But i've recommended this particular theme in my sig on several forums for a while now. Its not really new anymore, its been the most popular theme on themeforest for a while now.

  4. #4
    #!/usr/bin/mikebrad
    My Status
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    912
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by addaminsane View Post
    This isn't true at all anymore. Theres not really such thing as a gambling oriented theme unless it has custom functionality built in that makes managing a specific type of gambling content site. Otherwise, themes are themes... But i've recommended this particular theme in my sig on several forums for a while now. Its not really new anymore, its been the most popular theme on themeforest for a while now.
    I bought it a while ago, used it on a site I built for some steel supply company. I loved how flexible it was, then I found thesis and haven't looked back.
    ak likes this.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Shouts To All My Lost Boys. We
    Rowdy
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Smallville
    Posts
    428
    Blog Entries
    3
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

    Default

    Correct me if im wrong, but i feel like moving forward with the thesis theme doesn't make alot of sense. Its main draw was the flexibility it created pre wordpress 3.0. Wordpress is way way different than it was when thesis came out and i suspect will continually move in a direction that will ultimately leave someone whos running thesis wanting... (if we're going to get critical and make comparisons) The number of themes i'd personally run with in the themeforest marketplace over thesis for a gambling affiliate site are in the double digits.

  6. #6
    #!/usr/bin/mikebrad
    My Status
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    912
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by addaminsane View Post
    Correct me if im wrong, but i feel like moving forward with the thesis theme doesn't make alot of sense. Its main draw was the flexibility it created pre wordpress 3.0. Wordpress is way way different than it was when thesis came out and i suspect will continually move in a direction that will ultimately leave someone whos running thesis wanting... (if we're going to get critical and make comparisons) The number of themes i'd personally run with in the themeforest marketplace over thesis for a gambling affiliate site are in the double digits.
    It seems to me that all of the themeforest themes seem to run some sort of copycat version of some other theme in the market place. I have limited experience with themeforest wordpress themes, have only purchased 10 or so, but that's been my impression overall - not to mention the bloated code, etc.

    As far as differences between pre wp-3.0 to present or moving forward with Thesis, the only major core change that really pops to mind is the menu navigation, which will be deprecated in Thesis 2.0. Thesis is way more than some menu navigation. Unless you can think of something more specific that makes thesis obsolete. Besides, how often are these TF themes really updated?

    Remember, thesis is not just a theme - it's a theme engine with it's own set of functions and shortcodes, and an entire community of developers and diy websites that support thesis "theme'ing". I can't think of one themeforest theme that has that support in place, much less 10+. If you would have said genesis, ok maybe, but not random designers on TF.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Shouts To All My Lost Boys. We
    Rowdy
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Smallville
    Posts
    428
    Blog Entries
    3
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

    Remember, thesis is not just a theme - it's a theme engine with it's own set of functions and shortcodes, and an entire community of developers and diy websites that support thesis "theme'ing". I can't think of one themeforest theme that has that support in place, much less 10+. If you would have said genesis, ok maybe, but not random designers on TF.
    I guess this is the part that scares me about thesis the most. Its its own set of loops that relate to core wordpress loops and such. If there's major core function changes in wordpress in the near future (not unlikely) i would assume these would become deprecated and could cause big headaches for sites heavily relying on them who want to keep their sites software up to date.

    Lots of the abilities wordpress gained through the upgrading to 3.0, made the custom loops less valuable in my opinion. Working with actual core functions and post types and such are what i would assume to be the most headache free way forward.
    Mike likes this.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    My Status
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    643
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

    Default

    I've been using Thesis for about a year, but this new theme looks really nice. I purchased it yesterday (with your aff link) and plan on messing around with it a bit this week. It definitely has a lot of features that Thesis doesn't have and it will hopefully make a few of the things I'm trying to do a bit easier. This theme also has some of the best premade short-codes I've seen; I should be able to delete about 3-4 plugins because of them.
    addaminsane likes this.
    PokerTrikz - The Free Poker Training Site.

  9. #9
    Living in the Matrix
    & Diversifying!
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,048
    Feedback Score
    65 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trikkur View Post
    I've been using Thesis for about a year, but this new theme looks really nice. I purchased it yesterday (with your aff link) and plan on messing around with it a bit this week. It definitely has a lot of features that Thesis doesn't have and it will hopefully make a few of the things I'm trying to do a bit easier. This theme also has some of the best premade short-codes I've seen; I should be able to delete about 3-4 plugins because of them.
    Thanks for using the affiliate link, much appreciated.

    I hope you end up liking this theme as much as I do.
    CoolDog

    Awesome website hosting solutions for as little as $4.95 a month! I've used this service for over 10 years with no issues, A+++ ***Check them out***

    Need professional templates or WP themes? ***Check out themeforest***

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    listofpokersites.com
     
    ----
     

    Add as a friend
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    listofpokersites.com
    Posts
    3,536
    Blog Entries
    7
    Feedback Score
    59 (100%)

    Default

    Thanks for the recommendation, looks pretty sweet. You should see another referral
    I am leaving the affiliate business, read here please.


 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.5
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0