Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
  • Login:
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Tommy
  • 2 Post By MJ
  • 1 Post By Tommy
  • 1 Post By suffolkpoker

Thread: I could really use a chance, things arent doing too good.

vB Guru
    Test

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default I could really use a chance, things arent doing too good.

tl;dr
    I was going to add a summary for this tl;dr part, but I really feel like a summary won't get my point across, so I would appreciate it if you went ahead and read the whole post.

Update:
    Both of my parents have had their surgeries and they seem to have gone well. My mom is, as long as nothing bad happens, nearing the last month or so of her recovery. And my dad has just started his recovery, and things look like they are going well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here is a little back story for you, about 5 or 6 years ago I was living in Arkansas while my parents were living in Michigan. Eventually circumstances lead me to come to Michigan and move in with my parents. We came to the conclusion that it would make things a lot easier for my parents and I if I lived with them and helped out. At the time my mom had some things wrong with her that kept her from working. Also in the town we live in, and around us, there aren't many jobs, so my dad had to get a seasonal job. That company has sense closed their doors, and now my dad works with our landlord in their business.

A few years after I moved up here, my mom got a lot better and was finally able to get a job. Things were going very well until about 5 months ago when my mom starting feeling bad and getting sick. She ended up going to the Emergency room a few times, and I guess the doctors here aren't that bright, but they just kept on sending her home with just pain pills. Well about a month and a half ago, both my parents decided to get checkups.

The things we found out were that both my parents were going to need some form of surgery. My moms issues were in her stomach, and my dads issues were in both his legs. They were going to need to do two separate surgeries to my dad, one for each leg. He has already had one of the surgeries, and that went well. That only kept him from working for a few days.

However, shortly after my mom ended up getting very sick, and again we had to take her to the hospital. Only this time they kept her. She is currently still in the hospital and has been for about a month. After she finally had her surgery, they had complications and had to open her up again. She is currently doing better, but there is still something they are watching close, and if it does not go how they would like, she will have to be taken to a University, that is not easy for us to get to, and have them try to fix the issue. However, even if the current issue does resolve itself like they want, she will still be out for at-least 4 months to recover from her surgery.

Now for my dads second surgery, they told him he will need at-least 3 months to recover. He has not even scheduled that surgery yet because of what is going on with my mom, but the doctor told him that the longer he takes to get his leg fixed, the better the chance that he will end up losing his leg.

So that is my story, now for why I am telling this story. As I said, the doctors said that even if everything goes right from now on my mom will still need 4 or more months to recover, and my dad, after he has the surgery will be out for at-least 3 months. While living here I have tried to help out with paying bills and such as much as I can. I don't usually even think about buying myself anything unless it is something I need to be able to work. Otherwise it goes toward bills and such. As of late, I haven't been getting many chances to do work for people.

So what this thread boils down to is that I could really use some chances. One of the main reasons why my dad has not scheduled his second surgery is because he doesn't know how the bills are going to get paid while he is out of work. I would love to be able to tell my dad that it is OK to get himself fixed up, because I can handle the bills. I have been worrying about this so much that I even considered trying Indiegogo, but I would much rather work for my money.

For anyone that wants to know my skills and such, here is a link to a thread I created on the site listing my skills, as well as some examples.

Thanks to anyone that read through all that, and to anyone that can actually help.

Contact Info
    PayPal Address: twilkeysrt@hotmail.com
    Email: twilkeysrt@hotmail.com
    Private Message: Here
    Prop likes this.

DropoutGotRich.com
    My Personal Blog URL Above!

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Sorry to hear what you're going through. Maybe you can list some of the services you offer? I know you have another thread with that stuff listed.

MJ
    Armchair Quarterback
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    44 (100%)

The key here is give people an idea of what you cost, and what you can do - don't just say "i did this site" - explain what you did that wasn't available out of the box somewhere else. Sometimes, people won't even know they need you to do something until they read something like that - a lightbulb just goes on

GL and sorry to hear about the issues.
    Laurence and Shay like this.
    Buying: sites with traffic/earnings, also premium .coms - PM Me Offers

ความลับไม่มีในโลก
    My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    48 (100%)

Post your PayPal address. No work needed, I'll make a gift/loan. If in a better situation later repay it someone else and if not then of course no worries. Maybe some others can do same. Best of luck on this all.
    Betting Sports in the US? 5Dimes has Best Odds (US Players Accepted) - Live elsewhere? PinnacleSports Offers the Best Odds (No US Players)

vB Guru
    Test

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I have edited my original post and as requested, I have added my PayPal address for anyone wanting to use it. I have also added a link to the thread I created that lists my skills and some examples of work I have done.

It was also suggested that I post what I usually cost, however I can not really do that. My prices are never usually the same, and are determined by what is needed to do the job. I can say that I am very reasonable when it comes to giving a price, and if the employer feels the price is too high, I am not against them suggesting a new, lower price.
    Shay likes this.

My Status

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Email sent
    Prop likes this.

vB Guru
    Test

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I am going to bump this thread because I haven't really got much interest from this so far. If any of you know someone that is looking for someone to do some work, please pass on my contact info. I am willing to do pretty much anything I can do to make this easier on my parents and family, even if that means doing work that isn't actually coding. I am even willing to do something as simple as entering data in to a database if needed.

Thank you to the few that were actually interested.

vB Guru
    Test

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I have edited my Programmer For Hire thread and added a few new skills I have.

vB Guru
    Test

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I am bumping this thread because it is still going on.

vB Guru
    Test

----

Add as a friend
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I am bumping this post because I have just added an update, and the needing help part is still relevant, so anything would be good.

Also, thank you to everyone that has already helped out in any way.

Thread Information